The National Weather Service has issued a Flood Watch for our region. Rain and melting snow could result in flooding in some areas of the county.
Preparing for flooding
- If you need sandbags, use self-serve sandbag stations throughout the county.
- Clear ice, snow and debris from storm drain grates.
- Make sure your gutters and downspouts are clear.
- Move snow and ice away from your home's foundation.
- Be ready to act when you receive a flood watch or warning alert from the National Weather Service.
- Avoid walking or driving through flood waters
- Just 6 inches of moving water can knock you down, and 2 feet of water can sweep your vehicle away
- Avoid parking along streams, rivers, and creeks during heavy rainfall. These areas can flood quickly and with little warning
There has been limited garbage collection throughout the county and cities because of the snow and ice storms.
- For customers who didn't receive service, extra material may be included for the next pickup.
- Do not set out recycling and yard debris (unless full).
- Customers should call their garbage and recycling service provider with questions.
Share this page