Jim Bernard was elected Clackamas County Commissioner in November 2008. He previously served as Mayor of Milwaukie for eight years and is the owner of a third generation, family-owned business founded in 1925. Commissioner Bernard brings a legacy of strong customer and constituent service to the residents of Clackamas County.
- Reaching out to all citizens, whether they live within one of Clackamas County’s cities, hamlets, villages, or special districts, and hearing and listening to their concerns.
- Ensuring that taxpayer dollars are being spent wisely and that county employees continue to provide outstanding customer service.
- Supporting increased investment in public safety by focusing on the areas of greatest return: juvenile services, drug courts, probation and rehabilitation, safe and secure jails, increased community patrols, and re-entry councils.
- Supporting the need to provide or partner with other organizations to offer adequate prenatal and health care for our most vulnerable citizens.
- Supporting Clackamas County veterans by increasing county investment in education, job training and coordination of benefits.
- Supporting the unemployed, homeless, and hungry citizens by enhancing county services and programs to meet their needs.
Share this page