Chair John Ludlow was elected Chair of the Clackamas County Board of Commissioners in November 2012. He previously served as Mayor of Wilsonville, on the Wilsonville City Council and as a Board member for Clackamas Community College. John has twice been honored as Wilsonville Citizen of the Year and received the Oregon Department of Corrections 2012 Outstanding Volunteer Award.
He owns a real estate company and has served in leadership capacities for several professional organizations. John has been honored as Realtor of the Year by the Portland Metropolitan Association of Realtors and received their Good Neighbor Award in 2008. He has twice served as President of the Wilsonville Chamber of Commerce and recently received Distinguished Lifetime Membership in the Chamber.
A long-time resident of Clackamas County, John has established an exemplary record of community service. He has been a volunteer for the WestLinn/Wilsonville School district for more than 30 years, served as a volunteer firefighter, a fundraiser, and a motivational speaker.
Following the opening of Wilsonville High School in 1995, John raised $250,000 to create a press box and cover for the football stadium bleachers. Since then he has served as public address announcer for the home football and boys basketball games.
John has been honored by several organizations for founding "Through a Child's Eyes” (TACE), a program at Coffee Creek Correctional Facility (CCCF) in Wilsonville. The facility designated him as Volunteer of the Year in 2002 and 2011. TACE has hundreds of volunteers who dispense unconditional love during gatherings for inmate mothers and their children.
- Support local businesses by investing in local infrastructure to promote job growth and retention.
- Open up development to attract large-scale employers and streamline planning and development processes to help small businesses grow and thrive.
- Encourage aggressive and transparent public involvement to build trust in government and a strong public partnership with residents.
- Prioritize sound fiscal policies to promote economic growth and delivery of essential public services.
- Return Clackamas County to a five day work week.
Chair John Ludlow is the board representatives to the following committees:
- Regional Disaster Preparedness Organization Steering Committee
- Greater Portland Export Initiative, Leaders & Work Team
- METRO Joint Policy Advisory Committee on Transportation (JPACT) alternateClackamas County Coordinating Committee (C-4)
Share this page