Let us know how we can help!
Clackamas County does not require a business license. If your business is located within city limits please contact that city to see what their requirements are. Most Clackamas County cities do have a business license requirement with modest fees based on size of busienss. You do not need a business license to operate in unincorporated Clackamas County.
Clackamas County does not impose a business tax. We are open for business and look to offer a competitive business climate in the Portland Metropolitan Region. Individual cities may impose their own taxes and fees, for details please contact the cities directly.
Tools for Business Success
This toolkit includes information on:
- Just Starting Out
- Tools for Tough Economic Times
- Business Planning and Assistance
- Directory of Capital
- Business Incentives
- Business Formation
- Government Requirements
- Employer Assistance
- Online classes
- Business & Employee Training
- Taking your Business to the Next Step
- Think Globally (International trade)
- Buy Locally
- Marketing and Selling
- Selling to the Government
- Selling on the Internet
- Sustainable Business Practices
- Disaster Planning and Recovery
- Business resources for Veterans
Clackamas Broadband Express
Check out the new CBX website for information about the county's federally funded broadband infrastructure project.
Clackamas County Advantages:
- A large pool of available and skilled workers.
- Customized training and employee screening programs to match the skills and talents of your future workers to your needs
- A wide variety of available industrial, office and commercial buildings at competitive rates
- A supportive government that starts with the Clackamas County Commissioners
Clackamas County Cost Advantages:
- No business tax
- No business license fee in unincorporated areas (most Clackamas County communities charge a modest fee)*
- Multiple interstate access (I-205, I-5 and proximity to I-84)
- Quick access to Portland International Airport / I-205
State of Oregon Cost Advantage:
- No Sales tax
- No inventory tax
- No worldwide unitary tax
- No motor vehicle excise tax
- No business and occupations tax
- No direct levies on intangible properties (such as stocks, bonds and securities)
Clackamas County Business Training and Workforce Partners
The Small Business Development Center (BizCenter) at Clackamas Community College serves new and established businesses throughout the Clackamas County area providing: practical, affordable training, confidential business counseling, information and referral services, and access to small business resources.
WICCO is a nonprofit organization whose sole purpose is to serve as an advocate for businesses in workforce development within Clackamas County and the State of Oregon.
Share this page