The Agricultural Investment Plan focuses on creating new emergent markets for the county's agricultural base by exploring interconnections among activities and optimization of various land use within the agricultural sector. As a partnership with Economic Development, Sustainability and Tourism this project focuses on four key areas of opportunity, including renewable energies, regional food systems, regional impact form the equine industry, and agricultural tourism.
The Plan is an addition to the County's ongoing focus on large or fast-growing economic clusters including, nurseries and greenhouses, food and beverage manufacturing, Christmas trees and wood products among others. It furthers Clackamas County's goal of supporting economic development and job creation in natural resource-related businesses. The Plan is an important building block in the County's Agricultural Investment Plan (AIP) and associated implementation strategies. The AIP seeks to build upon the County's rich agricultural tradition by focusing on three major areas of potential growth: Renewable Energy; Regional Foods; and Agricultural Tourism.
Primary data was collected through interviews and surveys conducted with more than 1,000 agricultural producers in Clackamas County. Interviews and surveys also were conducted with 42 unique processors, distributors and institutional purchasers. The Plan also relies on other reports commissioned by Clackamas County and related national and regional sources.
- Agricultural Investment Plan Flow Chart
- Agricultural Investment Plan Overview
- Implementation Strategy
- Agricultural Investment Plan
- ONEStop information
- Preliminary Feasibility Study - Clackamas County Biomass Assessment
- Clackamas County Biomass Resource Study
- Assessment Report - Renewable Energy Projects
- Assessment Report - Sustainable Energy Project Summary Options
Regional Food System
- Agriculture and Foodshed Strategic Plan
- Food Security and Safety in Clackamas County
- GIS Agricultural Land Analysis for Clackamas County
- Producers, Aggregators, Processors, Distributors, and Storage Facilities Map
- Agricultural Investment Plan Presentation
Share this page