February 22, 2017
Molalla Public Library
Meeting called to order by Chair Jan Courtain at 6:50pm. Present: Jan Courtain, Tony Brooks, Bill Taylor, Laurie Freeman Swanson and Fran Taylor.
Motion to accept minutes by Bill Taylor. Seconded by Laurie Freeman Swanson and passed unanimously.
- River Report – Bill Taylor. Molalla River Watch is still working on a side channel study. Congressman Kurt Schrader has introduced a bill, HR 1056, to designate the upper Molalla River as Wild & Scenic.
- C4 – Laurie Freeman Swanson. No Report
- CCI – Laurie Freeman Swanson. CCI interviewed six candidates for three open positions. They also discussed the findings by the CPO Summit. All CPO’s are frustrated by the same issues including timeliness of land use applications from the county.
- New Clackamas County Commissioner. Clackamas County Commissioners have selected Lake Oswego attorney Sonya Fischer to fill the vacant position on the County Commission.
- CPO Summit – Jan Courtain. The next CPO summit meeting is scheduled for February 27th. Chair Jan Courtain will attend.
- Checking Member Contact Info – Jan Courtain. In order to increase awareness of county land use issues, the CPO will look into sending a post card to those who live within the boundaries asking them to update their contact information. The CPO will create an email address where information can be sent.
- Stafford Hamlet Area Intense Development – Laurie Freeman Swanson. There is a petition to halt intense development in the Stafford Hamlet area. The development should be addressed at the March 2nd Metro meeting.
- Molalla City Council Liaison – Fran Taylor. If requested, a city councilor may be available to be a liaison to the CPO. Chair Jan Courtain has asked the City to notify the CPO of any developments or issues that may affect those who live on the City/CPO boundary.
- Molalla Drive 2 Zero – Fran Taylor. Molalla Communities That Care is partnering with Clackamas County on a multi-year project to improve traffic safety. There is a community meeting on March 2nd, 7-9pm, at the Molalla Adult Center.
- Z0013-17, Floodplain Development Permit – Jan Courtain. A floodplain Development Permit to replace a circa 1971 restroom with a new restroom within the floodplain and floodway of the Molalla River. Proposed restroom to be constructed pursuant to applicable FEMA and County floodplain development standards. CPO members had no concerns and chose not to comment.
Meeting adjourned at 7:50pm.
Share this page