May 2, 2016
Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Location: Lakeridge High School
Attendees: 25 (Sign in sheets available)
- Secretary/Treasurer Roger Allen called the SNA Board meeting to order following completion of the Skylands Water Board Annual Meeting. President David Roche was unable to attend.
- An election was held, unanimously approving the unopposed slate of officers:
- President - David Roche
- Vice-President - Paul Zaninovich
- Secretary/Treasurer - Roger Allen
- Roger reviewed the minutes from the 2015 SNA Board meeting and the minutes were unanimously approved.
- Paul led a discussion about Emergency Preparedness. To summarize:
- The City of Lake Oswego is making a push for Neighborhood Associations to prepare. A big earthquake will happen...
- We need interested parties & leadership to make this happen. We are asking for help from the neighborhood.
- Paul also noted that he would attend the Lake Oswego Mayor’s meetings as he can.
- Roger presented the Treasurer’s report.
- Paul brought up the End Speed Zone sign on Bergis and there is general consensus from the neighborhood that this is encouraging speeding and making the neighborhood less safe for families walking and biking on Bergis. The SNA strongly recommends that the sign be removed and/or replaced with an appropriate speed limit sign. At the urging of the SNA, the Board will convey this concern to Clackamas County and request the sign’s removal. The Board appreciates the efforts Karyl Frazer has made in following up with the County.
- Open Discussion brought out a few issues from the neighbors.
- Joy Bottinelli has volunteered to organize a new directory. Roger will help her to make this happen. We would also like the Area Representatives’ help in keeping the directory up-to-date.
- Some wondered about the Neighborhood Watch program and reminded us that we could leverage the Area Representatives as points-of-contact for communication. There was also discussion about accessing county resources to obtain Neighborhood Watch Pamphlets.
- A request for a longer notice time for SNA annual meetings -- perhaps 1 month -- would be better and enable greater attendance. An agenda provided by email would also be appreciated.
Meeting was adjourned.
Roger Allen Secretary/Treasurer
Skylands Neighborhood Association
After the meeting, Bob Jones sent a request via email for a bit of time for introductions and perhaps name tags at the meetings. Including this note here as a reminder for next time.
Share this page