Services Departments Government

Home Repair Program

Need help repairing your home?

Low cost loans help low-income Clackamas County residents pay for needed repairs to their homes.

Loans and grants are also available for people with disabilities to help make their homes more accessible.

The Clackamas Housing Rehabilitation Program helps qualified homeowners who need financial assistance to repair or rehabilitate their homes. Low cost loans are available for interior and exterior repairs, as well as for people with disabilities who need to make their homes safer and more accessible.

How does the Housing Rehabilitation Program work?

The program offers low-cost loans to help homeowners in Clackamas County repair and rehabilitate their homes.

Steps to obtain a home repair loan:

  1. Complete an on-line inquiry or call our office for assistance. If it appears you may be eligible we will add you to the waiting list. When funding is available, we will send you a letter. If you are still interested, you may then apply.
  2. We will review your application and determine eligibility.
  3. If you qualify, a Rehab Advisor will inspect your property to determine what repairs are needed. Health and safety items are a priority.
  4. You will request bids from contractors of your choice. A list of interested contractors is available for your convenience.
  5. Your Rehab Advisor will assist you throughout the construction process.

Current Annual Gross Income Limits effective April 1, 2018

You may qualify for the housing rehabilitation program if your income meets requirements based on household size

HouseholdSize Maximum Income Limit
1 person $45,600
2 persons 52,100
3 persons 58,600
4 persons 65,100
5 persons 70,350
6 persons 75,550

These activities are funded by the federal grants the county receives through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Program availability and eligibility is subject to change without notice.

What kinds of loans are available?

Deferred payment loans: Loans are available for up to:

To be eligible you must:

Share this page

Public Services Building

Community Development

Phone number 503-655-8591
Coordinated Housing Access (CHA)
Address 2051 Kaen Road
Oregon City, OR 97045