Services Departments Government

CoC Steering Committee Quarterly Meeting Minutes

June 19, 2014
10:00am – 12:00pm
PSB 243

Type of Meeting: Quarterly
Facilitator:Margie James
Attendees:Brenda Durbin, Jill Archer, Angela Trimble, Rob Smith, Kristen Kinnie, Chuck Simpson, Margie James, Mark Sirois, Erika Silver, Joanne Desky
Absent:Chris Hoy, Abby Ahern
RESULTS OF ACTION ITEMS FROM PREVIOUS MEETING
Action Item 1: Approach new WICCO Director to fill empty seat on the SC, once they are hired. Result: The hiring of a new WICCO Director has beendelayed. The group decided to wait until the next Steering Committee meeting to see if a new Director will have been hired by that point.
Action Item 2: Change language in Section 3 of the Bylaws to “evaluate and approve” rather than “develop”, have the committee review, and then bring to the CoC for review. SC will provide final approval. Result: Language was revised, updated bylaws were reviewed by the Committee and the CoC, approved, and posted to the CoC website.
Action Item 3: Does this decision making process need to be brought to the CoC for review? Should it then be added to the Bylaws? Result: It was decided to include the decision making process in the Bylaws and bring it to the CoC for review. The CoC reviewed the amended Bylaws with the decision making proceed and approved.
Action Item 4: Amend the section of the Bylaws thataddresses amending the bylaws Result: Amendment was made, reviewed by the Steering Committee, and approved by the CoC.

10:00 AM - 10:30 AM UPDATES AND ANNOUNCMENTS

DISCUSSION

CONCLUSIONS

Regarding the vacant HPC seat, wait until next meeting to see if a new WICCO Director is hired. However, language needs to be added to the Bylaws regarding absent seats.

ACTION ITEMS PERSON RESPONSIBLE DEADLINE
Speak with Chris Hoy to see if he is still interested in being on the Steering Committee.BrendaBefore next meeting
Send out agenda a month before meeting for input from Steering CommitteeMargie A month before next meeting (August 20)
Add language to bylaws around absent seats. Margie to draft language, to be reviewed by SC Before next meeting

10:30 AM - 10:45 AM ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEWS (ERIKA)

DISCUSSION

CONCLUSIONS

Environmental Review requirements will be met annually at the beginning of the Fiscal Year by Community Development.

10:45 AM - 11:15 AM ESG AND COC POLICIES (MARK)

DISCUSSION

CONCLUSIONS

The group tentatively approved the policies, which will now be reviewed by the CoC, with conditions. Interim policies will be attached to ESG contracts. Policies will go to the CoC now.

ACTION ITEMS PERSON RESPONSIBLE DEADLINE
Send the Policies to the CoC for reviewMargieBefore next meeting
Provide CoC opportunity to make comment on Policies prior to and during the next CoC Meeting Margie and Joanne will put this on next month’s CoC Meeting agenda
Continue conversation via email regarding how a workgroup will be convened Margie will initiate email July
Convene Workgroup to work on Policies TBD TBD

11:15 AM - 11:30 AM CONTINUUM OF CARE COMMITMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES

DISCUSSION

A document outlining tasks identified in the 2013-14 CoC Application was presented to the Steering Committee for review along with the HUD regulations around the responsibilities of the CoC.

CONCLUSIONS

In order to avoid scope creep, the tasks from the CoC Application will be synthesized with the responsibilities of the Steering Committee, according to the Org chart, to easily identify which tasks fall to the Steering Committee (potentially using RACI model).

ACTION ITEMS PERSON RESPONSIBLE DEADLINE
Edit tasks list from the CoC Application to identify which items will fall to the Steering Committee. Margie and JoanneBefore next Steering Committee Meeting

11:30 AM - 12:00 PM PERFORMANCE DATA: QUARTERLY REVIEW

DISCUSSION

CONCLUSIONS

The Steering Committee should have a chance to review prior to the meeting, and providers should review as well, to identify any potential data quality issues.

ACTION ITEMS PERSON RESPONSIBLE DEADLINE
DQ: Look at income measure to identify a potential reporting issue – inconsistently reporting.MargieAugust (Before sending out next quarter)
Evaluate DQ for S+C mainstream benefits data. Margie and Joanne will put this on next month’s CoC Meeting agenda
Provide the Steering Committee with the data currently being collected in HMIS.
Update scorecards to indicate which programs are contained in Continuum-wide measures. August (Before sending out next quarter)
Provide Steering Committee information re: which programs are / aren’t using HMIS.

Share this page

Public Services Building

Community Development

Phone number 503-655-8591
Email cdgeneral@clackamas.us
Address 2051 Kaen Road
Oregon City, OR 97045
map