Department of Employee Services
A Message from the Director
Welcome to the Department of Employee Services for Clackamas County!
Our mission is to enhance public service through employee excellence by providing high quality human resource consultation and services. Our employees are the County’s greatest asset in service delivery. Employee Services seeks to engage, attract, develop and retain the best workforce in the country to serve Clackamas County residents. The core functions of our department include human resource services, benefits, risk, safety and wellness. Diversity and inclusion are core values for all our work.
Thank you for your interest in Clackamas County Employee Services. If you didn’t find what you need, please contact us.
Nancy M. Drury
Employee Services Director
Human Resources Division
Human Resources provides comprehensive, timely and progressive employment practices to support the public service missions of County departments.
Our programs include:
- Recruitment and Selection: Learn about employment opportunities and apply through our online application.
- Classification and Compensation: Access our classification specifications and pay plans.
- Employee and Labor Relations: Review our collective bargaining agreements, County Personnel Ordinance, and employment related policies and laws.
- Training and Development: Provide training and development opportunities for the general needs of County employees.
- Human Resource Information System (HRIS): Maintains the County's HRIS system.
Risk and Benefits Division
The division provides a complement of services which include casualty (liability), workers compensation and unemployment claims administration. We provide contract insurance requirements review, as well as loss prevention and control services. We self-insure the majority of our exposures and purchase insurance in those areas where the level of exposure warrants.
The division also provides comprehensive services related to administration of the County’s employee benefits program covering both active and retired employees. Benefits are also provided and administered for other agencies including the Housing Authority, Fair Board, Vector Control, and Soil & Water Conservation District.
Our programs include:
- Health and welfare insurance
- Deferred compensation
- Wellness/Employee Assistance Program
- Liability claims
- Workers’ compensation claims
- Loss control
- Vehicle claims
- Unemployment claims
- Contract review
Similar topics: jobs