CLASSIFICATION NO. 092
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES COORDINATOR
(Board of County Commissioners)
Under direction, to plan, organize and coordinate the central administrative functions for the Board of County Commissioners and the County Administrator, including budgeting, accounting, management analysis and administrative support; and to do other work as required.
The County's elected governing body, the Board of County Commissioners, directs the general administration of County government. The Commission sets broad operating policies, enacts ordinances and establishes budgets as mandated by State law and the citizens of the County.
The Administrative Services Coordinator is responsible for performing and coordinating diverse administrative functions, such as budgeting, contract administration, purchasing, and other general office administrative functions. The incumbent also assists in the administrative aspects of program planning, policy development, intergovernmental activities and public relations.
The Administrative Services Coordinator differs from the Administrative Services Manager which has full supervisory responsibility for administrative support staff. It also differs from director and assistant director classifications which have broad program and operational responsibilities.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates central administrative functions for County Administration, including accounting, financial reporting, payroll, billing, personnel administration, risk management, information system administration, purchasing and clerical support; serves as liaison to other County departments with jurisdiction in these activities.
- Prepares and administers department budgets; reviews, analyzes and makes recommendations on budget requests; prepares budget justifications and presents budget to the County Administrator; monitors revenues and expenditures.
- Prepares and administers department contracts for services and capital purchases; monitors contracted services for legal, fiscal and program compliance.
- Conducts research studies and prepares reports on management problems; gathers and analyzes information on time, space, personnel, equipment, material and cost of recommended solutions; develops and approves programs for the effective use of office space, furniture, equipment, forms and supplies.
- Assists in the development and implementation of department policies; prepares and revises procedures, rules and manuals; reviews division operations for compliance with statues, rules and regulations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Through knowledge of: Principles and practices of public administration, including management analysis, organization design and budget and contract administration; government financing methods and funding sources; state and local government operating methods and procedures; techniques of public relations.
Skill to: Plan, organize and coordinate an administrative services program; formulate and evaluate policies and procedures; develop, evaluate and justify division budget requests and grant proposals; administer and control the distribution of funds according to approved budget or grant; compile and analyze data and develop recommendations; design, develop and implement systems and procedures for efficient department or division operations; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, government agencies, County employees and the public; interpret and apply provisions of federal, state and local legislation, rules and regulations affecting the administration of division policies and programs.
Driving may be necessary for County business. For position(s) with occasional/incidental driving, incumbents must possess a valid driver's license. Accommodation requests for an acceptable alternative method of transportation will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation. For position(s) with regular driving, incumbent(s) must also possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment.
MINIMUM RECRUITING STANDARDS
Any satisfactory combination of experience and training that demonstrates possession of the required knowledge and skills.