CLASSIFICATION NO. 833
HACC MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR
Under general supervision, to plan, schedule and coordinate the maintenance, repair and rehabilitation of HACC residential public housing; to lead the work of maintenance personnel and other agency workers and coordinate appropriate staff training; to conduct procurement of maintenance equipment, supplies and services; to monitor progress of contracted work; to maintain manual and automated inventory records; to develop specifications for goods and services; to assist in facilitating tenant/neighbor disputes; to represent HACC in HUD inspections and with other agencies as appropriate; and to do other work as required.
The Housing Authority of Clackamas County (HACC) is an independent public corporation which owns, manages, leases, maintains and develops housing for low and moderate income persons particularly for those with special needs. The HACC is a division of the County's Health, Housing and Human Services Department.
The HACC Maintenance Coordinator is primarily oriented to the repair and rehabilitation of HACC owned and managed housing, including multiple unit projects, high-rise building, scattered sites locations, special needs housing, local project fund (LPF) housing and administrative office building and facilities. Work includes maintenance, repair and rehabilitation of building exteriors and/or interiors including systems, finishes and structures, and utility systems and also maintenance of landscaping and grounds of public housing units. . Assigned to a primary property as a home base, the HACC Maintenance Coordinator has responsibility for procurement, inspections and quality control as well as scheduling a full range of maintenance for all HACC owned and managed property.
The HACC Maintenance Coordinator is expected to possess expert knowledge in a variety of maintenance tasks to ensure quality control and compliance with HUD standards and demonstrate effective work habits and efficient use of time; analyze and prioritize daily work tasks to achieve property management objectives; and ensure compliance with regulatory housing standards. This position must also provide training to maintenance staff in a variety of maintenance tasks including safe handling of hazardous materials.
The HACC Maintenance Coordinator reports to and differs from the HACC Property Manager who has full supervisory responsibilities and greater overall responsibility for the operational management of a particular grouping of housing units. The HACC Maintenance Coordinator differs from the HACC Maintenance Specialist whose duties are primarily to perform technical maintenance and manual labor.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- As a lead worker and in consultation with Property Manager, plans, coordinates, monitors and reviews work of maintenance staff and service contractors; assigns staff to work projects; reviews time cards and completes payroll records; conducts or facilitates on-site staff training or recommends appropriate training or staff development activities to the Property Manager; promotes a cooperative team effort among property assigned staff and throughout HACC and the County.
- Monitors work orders and conducts housing inspections to ensure Housing Quality Standards (HQS) and Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS) quality control standards are met, as required by HUD; hosts on-site visits of HUD inspectors related to Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) standards and practices; coordinates State inspections related to special needs housing and LPF units; reviews exterior and/or interior properties for possible lease violations related to condition of the property; maintains work schedules and prioritizes tasks to ensure efficient occupancy of vacant units; identifies and recommends changes to billings on work orders to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Conducts procurement activities as outlined by HACC procurement policy; develops specifications for goods and services; initiates requisitions for purchasing and transfer of inventory; initiates requisitions for janitorial, landscape and maintenance supplies, materials and parts; contacts vendors and invites bid quotations; monitors vendor compliance; submits request for approval and payments of special needs housing for State reimbursement of facilities maintenance programs; coordinates with the Capital Improvement Coordinator for large procurements including Capital Fund Grant and other procurements that may trigger Davis Bacon wage provisions.
- Maintains inventory of tools, equipment and supplies; assists with inventory management; conducts cyclical inventory counts; tracks disposition; receives equipment and supplies; resolves discrepancies with vendors; oversees maintenance records and service schedules for vehicles and equipment.
- Represents HACC with Agencies and in Neighborhoods; assists in facilitation of neighbor/tenant disputes or other neighborhood issues involving Housing Authority tenants or neighboring residents; acts as the interface to other agencies such as utility companies or agencies responsible for building code enforcement.
- Provides safety training to maintenance staff regarding storage, handling and safe use of hazardous materials; coordinates safety inspections; represents HACC for OSHA inspections; considers application of Safety Committee recommendations in coordination with other HACC management staff; maintains Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- May perform any task assigned to the maintenance staff.
REOUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Thorough knowledge of: HUD's Housing Quality Standards (HQS) and Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS); maintenance safety practices; commercial janitorial maintenance practices and procedures; landscape maintenance practices and procedures; use and disposal of hazardous materials; methods used in public procurement including requisitions, receiving, issuing equipment and supplies; record-keeping and purchase orders.
Working knowledge of: residential building construction and maintenance techniques; preventive maintenance practices; painting techniques; tools, equipment and other materials commonly used in the maintenance and repair of residential structures; blueprint terminology; staff organization and direction and work prioritization, public and customer service techniques; basic English grammar and composition; basic math; proper lifting techniques; basic techniques of supervision and training.
Some Knowledge of: Residential building codes; carpentry; plumbing; heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC); physical plant system maintenance; electrical and mechanical maintenance.
Skill to: Communicate effectively both verbal and in writing; schedule, monitor, coordinate and review work performed by maintenance staff and contractors; lead and train assigned maintenance staff in building maintenance and customer service practices; make mathematical calculations; lift and manipulate heavy or bulky objects; arrange the layout of storage areas; monitor and coordinate work performed under building maintenance contracts such as HVAC or commercial janitorial service contracts; complete and file repair orders; maintain accurate records; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with clients, the public and HACC personnel.
Incumbents may be exposed to a variety of environmental elements including wind, rain, snow, dust and fumes as well as a standard office environment. Some work assignments may require the strength to handle and operate hand tools and powered equipment, climb ladders and perform manual labor for extended periods of time. Positions require ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs frequently and occasionally up to 75 lbs. Employment is contingent on passing a post-offer physical assessment. Accommodation requests will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation.
Possession of HUD Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Certification. Some positions may require a Chemical Applicator's Certification.
MIMIMUM RECRUITING STANDARDS
Any satisfactory combination of experience, knowledge and training that demonstrates possession of the required knowledge and skills.