How are donations used?
Donations may be made in honor of someone or in memorium. Donations may also be designated for either the general improvement fund or for the "Sampson Fund". The "Sampson Fund" is established to provide additional veterinary care to the animals in the Shelter to help them put their best paw forward when searching for their new home.
- It helps pay for the care of homeless animals while attempts are made to find them adoptable homes.
- It helps the County fund protection for neighborhoods from dangerous dogs and helps to investigate dog bites.
- It funds investigations of cruelty, abuse, abandonment and neglect.
- It supports efforts to find good homes for homeless stray dogs through our active adoption and foster programs.
- It supports our efforts to care for lost or abused animals.
- Donations can make a meaningful difference in a dog's life. By donating funds and goods to the shelter you could be providing a dog with a chance for a loving family and a peaceful, happy life.
What kind of donations can I make?
Here's our "Wish List" of items we believe would be beneficial to the dogs we house and will help us in caring for their needs effectively.
Items Needed Urgently
- High quality dog food, both canned and dry: Canidae, Castor & Pollux, Eukanuba, Iams, Innova, Kirkland, Natural Balance, Nutro, Pinnacle, Wellness and Science Diet
- Dog treats
- Peanut butter
- Zip-top plastic storage bags - gallon, quart & snack size
Dog Toys for Enrichment
- Hard rubber chew toys
- Jolly Ball – dog toy
- eGGE – dog toy
- Kongs - medium and large; red or black)
Equipment and Appliances
- EZ-up canopies (for outdoor adoption events)
w/ sides would be lovely
- Vari-kennels- medium, large and x-large
- Dawn dish soap
- Broom & dust pan
- Zip ties – all lengths
- Baled cedar shavings (for small play yards)
- Folding tables – 4’ and 6’
- Extension cords – at least 50’
- Instant ice maker
- Instant hot packs
- Portable generator
- Carabineers - all sizes
- Nylon rope – medium weight
- Bungee cords – all lengths
- Duct tape
- Scrub brushes – dish size
Medical Clinic Supplies
- Brown roll gauze - 2” or 4” width
- White bandage tape – 1” or 2” width
- Elastikon tape – 2" is very helpful
- Disinfecting wipes
- Paper towels
- Sterile non-stick bandage material
- Nolvason scrub – gallon
- Nolvason solution – gallon
- Distilled water
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Gauze pads - 3X3 or 4X4
- Exam Non-Latex gloves - large size only
- Clear plastic storage tote w/lid
- Rubbermaid-type large drawer unit
- Heating pads
- Re-useable hot/cold packs
- Vet Wrap – 2 inch width
Of course, monetary donations are always gratefully accepted to help us purchase larger items such as:
- Esophageal stethoscope
- Pulse oximeter
How do I make a donation?
- Bring any item donations in to us at Animal Adoption and Education Center located at 13141 SE Hwy 212, Clackamas, OR 97015. map
- Donations can be made online or mailed to us for any of the four donation funds listed below:
- Dog Food
- If mailing, please send money or checks (made out to Clackamas County Dog Services) to:
Clackamas County Animal Adoption and Education Center
13141 SE Hwy 212
Clackamas, OR 97015 map
Share this page