Tips for evacuating in an emergency.
Immediate risk - General evacuation orders
If time allows:
- Wear sturdy shoes, long-sleeve shirts and pants
- Bring car keys, credit cards, road maps, cell phone, charger and important phone numbers
- Bring your Disaster Supplies Kit
- If you have a pet, make sure it is wearing a collar, bring it in a pet carrier labeled with your name and the pet's name. Bring your pet's Disaster Supplies Kit.
- Shut off the water and electricity
- Leave gas on unless instructed otherwise
- Lock your home
- Follow evacuation instructions
- Leave a note or tell a neighbor where you are going
- Once you arrive at a safe location, check-in and call your out-of-area emergency contact
If you have a pet:
- Take your pet with you
- Make sure it is wearing a collar or other identification
- Transport your pet in a pet carrier labeled with your name and the pet's name
- Bring your Pet Disaster Supplies Kit with you
Additional Evacuation information is available from the Red Cross.