Project Description: The winter floods of 2011 have eroded the embankment that protects the East Barlow Trail Road adjacent to the Sandy River near milepost 6.0. With this project, Clackamas County will restore that embankment. Please see the location map below.
Status: Preparing for Construction
- Construction: July 2016 – April 2017
- ROAD CLOSURE: July 7 2016 – October 2016
Contact: Joel Howie, Project Manager 503-742-4658
Consultant: OBEC Consulting Engineers
Contractor: Emery and Sons Construction Group
Things To Be Aware Of:
- A road closure will be required during construction starting in July lasting through the month of October
- Contract Preparation
- Federal Highway Emergency Funds
You may be interested to know:
- The embankment was protected with riprap installed in the 1960s by the Army Corps of Engineers. Most of the riprap was washed away in the flood of January 2011.
Project Exhibits: Click on the image below to see a larger version.
Share this page