Barlow Rd - Zimmerman Rd Intersection Improvements
Project Description: This project will improve safety at the Barlow Road/Zimmerman Road intersection by reconstructing Barlow Road to current ASHTO standards. Improvements will include reconstructing and realigning 1400 feet of Barlow Road and some minor reconstruction of Zimmerman Road, shoulder widening and laying back of cut slopes to increase sight-distance, and striping.
Status: In Design
- Construction in Spring of 2014
- Road closure expected mid-June 2014 through the end of August 2014.
Contact: Joel Howie, Project Manager: 503-742-4658 or JHowie@clackamas.us
Consultant: Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc.
Things to be aware of:
- Road Closure: This project will require a complete road closure. Coordination with the local residents and businesses is a high priority.
- Design is at 90% and we are in the process of gaining the necessary environmental clearances.
- This project is funded through the High Risk Rural Roads Program (HRRRP) included in the SAFETEA-LU, a program administered by the federal government.
You may be interested to know:
- This project is ranked as a top four safety project for Clackamas County.
Project Exhibits: Click on the image below to see a larger version.
Barlow Road looking south through the intersection at Zimmerman Road.
Barlow Road looking north through the intersection at Zimmerman Road.