Barlow Rd - Zimmerman Rd Intersection Improvements
Project Description: This project will improve safety at the Barlow Road/Zimmerman Road intersection by reconstructing Barlow Road to current ASHTO standards. Improvements will include reconstructing and realigning 1400 feet of Barlow Road. This prompts some minor reconstruction of Zimmerman Road. Some shoulder widening, cut slopes being laid back, and redesigned/lowered profile will increase sight-distance. New paving and striping in the construction zone is scheduled to be complete by September 1, 2014 with the remaining work to be complete by the end of October.
Status: In Construction
- ROAD CLOSED: Access to St. Josef's Winery is from the south ONLY. Access is not available form the north "Canby End".
- ROAD CLOSED: Barlow Road is now closed at/including the Zimmerman Road intersection thru August 31, 2014.
- Major construction to be complete by September 1, 2014.
- Misc. tasks to continue until October 31, 2014.
Contact: Kerri Whitlow, Project Manager: 503-742-4680 or KerriWhi@clackamas.us
Consultant: Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc.
Contractor: D &T Excavation, Inc.
Things to be aware of:
- ROAD CLOSED: Barlow Road is now closed at/including the Zimmerman Road intersection thru August 31, 2014. See detour route below.
- Detour route signs are installed.
- Exacavtion of existing road is underway.
- Walls and storm system are being installed.
- This project is funded through the High Risk Rural Roads Program (HRRRP) included in the SAFETEA-LU, a program administered by the federal government.
You may be interested to know:
- This project is ranked as a top four safety project for Clackamas County.
Project Exhibits: Click on the image below to see a larger version.
Barlow Road looking south through the intersection at Zimmerman Road.
Barlow Road looking north through the intersection at Zimmerman Road.
Project Detour Route