Project Description: This project has improved safety at the Barlow Road/Zimmerman Road intersection by reconstructing Barlow Road to current ASHTO standards. Improvements included reconstructing and realigning 1400 feet of Barlow Road. This prompted some minor reconstruction of Zimmerman Road. Some shoulder widening, cut slopes being laid back, and redesigned/lowered profile increased sight-distance. New paving and striping in the construction zone is complete with additional work on the pond and shoulders continuing through fall of 2015.
Status: In Construction / on hold for the wet season
- ROAD IS OPEN
- Major construction is complete. Minor delays in one lane can be anticipated. Please watch for truck traffic.
- Misc. tasks to continue until December 31, 2014. The pond work will continue through fall 2015.
Contact: Kerri Whitlow, Project Manager: (503) 742-4680 or KerriWhi@clackamas.us
Consultant: Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc.
Contractor: D &T Excavation, Inc.
Things to be aware of:
- Misc tasks on the road will continue within the project area until December 31, 2014.
- Landscape and pond construction activities will continue through fall 2015.
- This project is funded through the High Risk Rural Roads Program (HRRRP) included in the SAFETEA-LU, a program administered by the federal government.
You may be interested to know:
- This project is ranked as a top four safety project for Clackamas County.
Project Exhibits: Click on the image below to see a larger version.
Share this page