Project Description: To reduce the chance of a future landslide in the project area, a new storm water collection, detention and conveyance system will be constructed. To ensure the safety of the construction crews and the travelling public, Henrici Road will be closed for two weeks between S Ferguson Rd and Athens Dr. Closure dates are to be determined once the contractor gets closer to the completion of the underground work.
Status: Henrici Rd project has been redesigned to construct the new storm system. Construction on site began the week of June 15, 2015 and is expected to be complete by the end of August, in time for school to start without traffic delays. This work will be in one travel lane allowing traffic to pass in the other lane, controlled by flaggers. Expect construction delays that may be up to 20 minutes. The road will be closed for 2 weeks in August to complete the paving.
Clackamas County and Subcom Excavation & Utilities (the contractor) would like to thank you for driving safely and patiently through the work zone.
- ROAD CLOSURE: - AUGUST 3, 2015 THROUGH AUGUST 17, 2015
- CONSTRUCTION: - Has started in June as school concluded for the 2014-2015 school year. The new stormwater system is being installed currently. The construction will be done before the start of the 2015-2016 school year start date for that area.
- COMPLETION DATE: - Substantial completion of the project is scheduled for August 21, 2015 with seeding work to follow.
Contacts: Kerri Whitlow, Project Manager: (503) 742-4680 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contractor: Subcom Excavation & Utilities, LLC Hillsboro, Oregon
Things to be aware of:
- There will be a road closure in the work zone from August 3 at 7AM through August 17 at 5PM. Look for the detour signs and drive carefully. See the map below for the detour route.
- Detour routes will be posted soon and will include Beavercreek Road, Maple Lane Road and Redland Road. The closure dates are currently posted on Redland Rd and Beavercreek Rd.
- ODOT has reviewed and approved the construction plans and specifications
- The contractor has performed the survey work, will be removing a few trees that are in the Right of Way, and they are digging and installing pipe, inlets, and manholes for the new stormwater system
Funding: The $500,000 project is being funded with Federal Emergency Relief Funds.
You may be interested to know:
- This section of Henrici Rd was damaged by a storm and subsequent landslide in March of 2009. At that time, Clackamas County implemented emergency repairs so the road could be used, and since then has been studying and monitoring slide conditions in the area. The study showed that the chances of a similar slide can be reduced significantly by collecting and detaining storm water.
Project Detour Route:
Share this page