Project Description: To reduce the chance of a future landslide in the project area, a new storm water collection, detention and conveyance system will be constructed. To ensure the safety of the construction crews and the travelling public, Henrici Road will be closed for two weeks between S Ferguson Rd and Athens Dr. Closure dates are to be determined once the contractor gets closer to the completion of the underground work.
Status: Henrici Rd project has been redesigned is constructing the new storm system. Construction on site began the week of June 15, 2015 and is expected to be complete by the end of August, in time for school to start without traffic delays. This work will be in one travel lane allowing traffic to pass in the other lane, controlled by flaggers. Expect construction delays that may be up to 20 minutes.
Clackamas County and the contractor would like to thank you for driving safely and patiently through the work zone.
- ROAD CLOSURE: - Scheduled for late July / early August. Exact dates to be determined by contractor.
- CONSTRUCTION: - Has started in June as school concluded for the 2014-2015 school year. The new stormwater system is being installed currently. The construction will be done before the start of the 2015-2016 school year start date for that area.
- COMPLETION DATE: - Substantial completion of the project is scheduled for August 21, 2015 with seeding work to follow.
Contacts: Kerri Whitlow, Project Manager: (503) 742-4680 or email@example.com
Contractor: Subcom Excavation & Utilities, LLC Hillsboro, Oregon
Things to be aware of:
- There will be a two week road closure late July / early August between S Ferguson Rd and Athens Dr. in the work zone at contractors discretion and approved by the County. The exact dates will be announced in early July, 2015. Look for the detour signs and drive carefully
- Detour routes and dates will be posted in advance and will include Beavercreek Road, Maple Lane Road and Redland Road.
- ODOT has reviewed and approved the construction plans and specifications
- The contractor has performed the survey work, will be removing a few trees that are in the Right of Way, and they are digging and installing pipe, inlets, and manholes for the new stormwater system
Funding: The $500,000 project is being funded with Federal Emergency Relief Funds.
You may be interested to know:
- This section of Henrici Rd was damaged by a storm and subsequent landslide in March of 2009. At that time, Clackamas County implemented emergency repairs so the road could be used, and since then has been studying and monitoring slide conditions in the area. The study showed that the chances of a similar slide can be reduced significantly by collecting and detaining storm water.
Project Exhibits: Click on image below for larger version.
Share this page