Minuteman Way (Industrial Way) Extension Project
Project Description: This project will provide a connection along the east side of the Union Pacific Railroad right-of-way between the existing Minuteman Way (previously Industrial Way) and Lawnfield Road, for vehicular, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic. The improvements include new roadway construction, bike lanes, sidewalks, curve alignments, turn lanes, street lighting, and the construction of new intersections and the reconfiguration of existing intersections. This connection is required to accommodate future traffic patterns and impacts to local circulation due to the Sunrise JTA project.
Status: In construction as a part of the Sunrise JTA project. Construction is being managed by ODOT.
Schedule: Start in the summer of 2013 with completion in 2015.
- Nathan Potter, ODOT Project Manager: 503-731-3344 or Nathan.K.POTTER@odot.state.or.us
- Terry Mungenast, County Project Manager: 503-742-4656 or TerryMun@clackamas.us
Consultant: Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc.
Contractor: Kerr Contractors, Inc.
Things to be aware of:
- There are no closures or detours anticipated as a result of this project.
- Rock embankment placement
- Installation of storm water drainage system
- Construction costs are approximately $4 million and this work was bid by ODOT as a part of the Sunrise JTA project.
You may be interested to know:
- This project is identified as a part of the Sunrise Jobs and Transportation Act (JTA) projects, approved by the Oregon Legislature in 2009, to reduce congestion and enhance economic opportunities in Clackamas County with improvements related to the Sunrise Corridor.
- Further information can be found at the ODOT project website. http://www.sunrisejta.org
- At the request of the Oregon Military Department and with the approval of its neighbors, Industrial Way has been renamed Minuteman Way.
Project Exhibits: Click on the image below to see a larger version (if available).
Partial area map from ODOT Sunrise JTA project website. Future Minuteman Way is shown in red.
Minuteman Way and The Sunrise Under Construction