Project Description: This project will provide a connection along the east side of the Union Pacific Railroad right-of-way between the existing Minuteman Way (previously Industrial Way) and Lawnfield Road, for vehicular, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic. The improvements include new roadway construction, bike lanes, sidewalks, curve alignments, turn lanes, street lighting, and the construction of new intersections and the reconfiguration of existing intersections. This connection is required to accommodate future traffic patterns and impacts to local circulation due to the Sunrise JTA project.
Status: Substantially Complete
- Landscape to be completed with the Sunrise Project landscape by ODOT and be in place by the end of 2016
- Marge West, ODOT Project Manager: 503-731-4343
- Terry Mungenast, County Project Manager: 503-742-4656
Consultant: Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc.
Contractor: Kerr Contractors, Inc.
Things to be aware of:
- Mather Road is permanently closed just west of Bordeaux Lane.
- Construction costs are approximately $4 million and this work was bid by ODOT as a part of the Sunrise JTA project.
You may be interested to know:
- A new bridge is being designed to replace the Lawnfield Road crossing of the railroad tracks. This new crossing will be built at Tolbert Street and connect 82nd Drive to Minuteman Way. This bridge is scheduled to be opened in late 2016. Please see the Tolbert Project webpage for more information.
- This project is identified as a part of the Sunrise Jobs and Transportation Act (JTA) projects, approved by the Oregon Legislature in 2009, to reduce congestion and enhance economic opportunities in Clackamas County with improvements related to the Sunrise Corridor.
- Further information can be found at the ODOT project website.
- At the request of the Oregon Military Department and with the approval of its neighbors, Industrial Way has been renamed Minuteman Way.
Project Exhibits: Click on the image below to see a larger version (if available).
Share this page