Highway 212 - Lawnfield Road Connection Project - Phase 3
Project Description: This project will improve Lawnfield Road from 98th Court to 97th Avenue. Improvements will include roadway reconstruction and widening, bike lanes, sidewalks, storm water drainage and detention pond, street lighting, and the reconfiguration and signalization of the Lawnfield Road/97th Avenue intersection.
Status: Contract preparation is in progress.
Schedule: Construction start will be late May 2013 with completion in December 2013.
Contact: Terry Mungenast, Project Manager: 503-742-4656 or TerryMun@clackamas.us
Consultant: Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc.
Contractor: Westech Construction, Inc.
Things to be aware of:
- Road Closure: Late May 2013 through November 2013. In an effort to complete this project as quickly as possible, a full closure of this section of Lawnfield Road is required. The Lawnfield Rd/97th Ave and the Lawnfield Rd/98th Ct intersections will both remain open. The timing of this closure has been coordinated with the Sunrise JTA project to ensure adequate access to and from the area at all times.
- USDA-Wildlife Services has started bird nest prevention activities within the project area.
- Utility relocations have begun.
- Design funding provided by the County’s Clackamas Industrial Area Urban Renewal District.
- Construction funding, approximately $4.5 million, to be provided by the Oregon Statewide Transportation Improvement Program.
You may be interested to know:
- The existing grade of Lawnfield Road at this location is as steep as 14%. The new grade will be a consistent 8.75%.
- Right-of-way acquisition is being provided by ODOT.
- Sunrise JTA Project information can be found here: http://www.oregon.gov/odot/hwy/region1/pages/sunrise/index.aspx
Project Exhibits: Click on the image below to see a larger version.
Lawnfield Phase 3 Design Plan