Highway 212 - Lawnfield Road Connection Project - Phase 3
Project Description: This project will improve Lawnfield Road from 98th Court to 97th Avenue. Improvements will include roadway reconstruction and widening, bike lanes, sidewalks, storm water drainage and detention pond, street lighting, and the reconfiguration and signalization of the Lawnfield Road/97th Avenue intersection.
- Construction is nearing completion.
- Final paving is delayed as temperatures are below the acceptable minimum. (Paving requires at least 50 degrees in the morning and dry for 4 days)
- Road is now open with temporary striping and traffic controls.
- Road will close again for 1-2 weeks in the early spring to allow for final paving and striping.
- Road is now open!
- Final paving and permanent striping will occur in the spring.
Contact: Terry Mungenast, Project Manager: 503-742-4656 or TerryMun@clackamas.us
Consultant: Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc.
Contractor: Westech Construction, Inc.
Things to be aware of:
- The traffic signal at the Lawnfield/97th intersection will not be turned on until final paving and striping is complete. This intersection will remain a 4-Way Stop until signal is energized.
- Preparation for Final Paving
- Design funding provided by the County’s Clackamas Industrial Area Urban Renewal District.
- Construction funding, approximately $4.75 million, is being provided by the Oregon Statewide Transportation Improvement Program.
You may be interested to know:
- The existing grade of Lawnfield Road at this location was as steep as 14%. The new grade is a consistent 8.75%.
- Right-of-way acquisition has been provided for by ODOT.
- Sunrise JTA Project information can be found here: http://www.sunrisejta.org
Project Exhibits: Click on the image below to see a larger version.
Lawnfield Phase 3 Design Plan
Lawnfield Phase 3 Under Construction