Highway 212 - Lawnfield Road Connection Project - Phase 3
Project Description: This project will improve Lawnfield Road from 98th Court to 97th Avenue. Improvements will include roadway reconstruction and widening, bike lanes, sidewalks, storm water drainage and detention pond, street lighting, and the reconfiguration and signalization of the Lawnfield Road/97th Avenue intersection.
Status: THIS SECTION OF LAWNFIELD ROAD IS CLOSED TO ALL VEHICLE, BICYCLE AND PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC
- Construction has begun
Schedule: Construction is scheduled to be complete by late December 2013. As the temperature must be 50 degrees or higher to place asphalt, the road opening date is weather dependent.
Contact: Terry Mungenast, Project Manager: 503-742-4656 or TerryMun@clackamas.us
Consultant: Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc.
Contractor: Westech Construction, Inc.
Things to be aware of:
- ROAD CLOSURE IS IN EFFECT UNTIL LATE DECEMBER OF 2013. Please note that the paving of this road and subsequently the opening of this road is weather dependent and the closure may need to be extended. Please check back for updates.
- In an effort to complete this project as quickly and as safely as possible, a full closure of Lawnfield Rd between 97th Ave and 98th Ct is required. The Lawnfield Rd/97th Ave and the Lawnfield Rd/98th Ct intersections will both remain open. The timing of this closure has been coordinated with the Sunrise JTA project to ensure adequate access to and from the area at all times.
- Curb Construction
- Preparation for Paving
- Design funding provided by the County’s Clackamas Industrial Area Urban Renewal District.
- Construction funding, approximately $4.5 million, is being provided by the Oregon Statewide Transportation Improvement Program.
You may be interested to know:
- The existing grade of Lawnfield Road at this location is as steep as 14%. The new grade will be a consistent 8.75%.
- Right-of-way acquisition has been provided for by ODOT.
- Sunrise JTA Project information can be found here: http://www.sunrisejta.org
Project Exhibits: Click on the image below to see a larger version.
Lawnfield Phase 3 Design Plan
Lawnfield Phase 3 Under Construction