Project Description: This project will improve safety and reduce congestion in the vicinity of the Sunnyside Road-Stevens Road intersection by extending travel lanes, adding turn lanes and modifying the signal. Sidewalk extensions and bike lanes will also be included in the project. Potential improvements will extend from I-205 east to 105th Drive.
- Design Start: February 2014
- Construction Start: June 2015
- Construction Complete: December 2015
Contact: David Queener, Project Manager: 503-742-4322 or DavidQue@clackamas.us
Consultant: Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc.
Things to be aware of:
- This project will improve pedestrian crossings at the intersection as well as at the I-205 ramps.
- Design will incorporate improvements needed to accommodate future growth in the area.
- Traffic analysis is currently being completed that will be the basis for the recommended improvements.
- Project estimate is $2.5 million. All funding is provided for by Tax Increment Financing from the Clackamas Town Center Urban Renewal District.
You may be interested to know:
- The County is also undertaking a separate project that will improve coordination of the signals along Sunnyside Road from 82nd Ave to 122nd Ave.
Project Exhibits: Click on the image below to see a larger version.
Share this page