Project Description: This project will improve safety and reduce congestion in the vicinity of the Sunnyside Road-Stevens Road intersection by extending travel lanes, adding turn lanes and modifying the signal. Sidewalk extensions and bike lanes will also be included in the project. Potential improvements will extend from I-205 east to 105th Drive.
Status: Design is temporarily on hold
- Final Design Completed: March 2017
- Construction Start: June 2017
- Construction Complete: September 2017
Contact: David Queener, Project Manager: 503-742-4322
Design Consultant: Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc.
Things to be aware of:
- Modifications to the intersection will allow traffic to move more freely and reduce congestion. The pedestrian crossings will also be enhanced to allow for safer crossings.
- Several intersections near this project will also be upgraded to include new pedestrian buttons and signals for improved accessibility.
- Design has temporarily halted in order to ensure the proposed improvements at Sunnyside-Stevens are cohesive with another project just beginning, the CRC Mobility Improvements. Design will resume in approximately 6 months.
- Project estimate is $1.6 million.
- All funding is provided for by Tax Increment Financing from the Clackamas Town Center Urban Renewal District.
Share this page