Project Description: This project extended and improved Tolbert Street from 82nd Drive to Minuteman Way by adding a traffic signal to the intersection of Tolbert Street and 82nd Drive, a new bridge over the Union Pacific Railroad mainline tracks, a new intersection at Minuteman Way and the Camp Withycombe main gate, bike lanes and sidewalks. The new bridge replaces the former at-grade crossing at Lawnfield Road, making travel safer for vehicles and pedestrians. This project also includes the reconstruction of 93rd Avenue and 94th Avenue from Tolbert Street south to Clackamas Road and Church Street from 82nd Drive to 94th Avenue. This additional work includes new road base, asphalt, curbs, storm water drainage and sidewalks.
Status: Bridge is completed and open; minor work continues
- Construction: August 2015 – December 2016
- Bridge is now open
Contact: Terry Mungenast, Project Manager: 503-742-4656
Consultant: Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc.
Contractor: Cascade Bridge, LLC
Things to be aware of:
- A Grand Opening Ceremony was held Nov. 21, 2016 at 10:30 a.m.
- All major work is complete. Remaining work includes landscape and punch list items.
- The $20 million design, right of way and construction cost is funded by ODOT through the Sunrise JTA program.
You may be interested to know:
- This project is part of the Sunrise Jobs and Transportation Act (JTA) family of projects, approved by the Oregon Legislature in 2009, to reduce congestion and enhance economic opportunities in Clackamas County with improvements related to the Sunrise Corridor.
Project exhibits: Click on the image below to see a larger version.
Share this page