Tolbert Street: 82nd Dr to Minuteman Way - Bridge Project
Project Description: This project will extend and improve Tolbert Street from 82nd Drive to Minuteman Way by adding a traffic signal to the existing intersection of Tolbert St and 82nd Dr, a new bridge over the Union Pacific Railroad mainline tracks, a new intersection at Minuteman Way and the Camp Withycombe main gate, bikelanes and sidewalks. The new bridge will replace the existing at-grade crossing at Lawnfield Road making travel safer for both vehicles and pedestrians. This project will also include the reconstruction of 93rd Ave and 94th Ave from Tolbert St south to Clackamas Rd and Church St from 82nd Dr to 94th Ave. This additional work will likely include new road base, asphalt, curbs, storm water drainage and sidewalks if the budget allows.
Status: Design Phase
- Design: Fall 2013 - Summer 2015
- Construction: Summer 2015 - Fall 2016
Contacts: Terry Mungenast, Project Manager: 503-742-4656 or TerryMun@clackamas.us
Consultant: Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc.
Things to be aware of:
- The project team will continue to meet with directly impacted property owners as the project develops.
- 30% Design Review is in progress.
- Alignment selection has been made. (See below)
- The $20 million design, right of way and construction cost is being funded by ODOT through the Sunrise JTA program.
You may be interested to know:
- This project is a part of the Sunrise Jobs and Transportation Act (JTA) family of projects, approved by the Oregon Legislature in 2009, to reduce congestion and enhance economic opportunities in Clackamas County with improvements related to the Sunrise Corridor.
- At the request of the Oregon Military Department and with the approval of its neighbors, Industrial Way has been renamed Minuteman Way.
Project Exhibits: Click on the image below to see a larger version (if available).
Tolbert Street Bridge Preliminary Plan
Tolbert Street Looking East at Future Bridge Site