Transportation Engineering Road Repair Project
Project Description: Flooding during a spring storm event damaged the existing southbound shoulder and travel lane on S. Wilhoit Road adjacent to Rock Creek. As a result of the storm damage the south bound travel lane was closed by the County until the road can be reconstructed.
Status: In Construction
- ROAD CLOSED: September 10, 2014 to September 23, 2014
- Construction Start: September 8, 2014
- Construction Complete: October 31, 2014
Contact: Vince Hall, Project Manager: 503-742-4650 or VinceHal@clackamas.us
Contractor: North Santiam Paving Co.
Things to be aware of:
- Wilhoit Road at Rock Creek (MP 2.23) will be completely closed starting September 10, 2014 and reopening on September 23, 2014.
- The road will remain open to school buses, emergency vehicles, local businesses, garbage vehicles and postal vehicles.
- The detour route is signed and includes Soda Springs Road and Wildcat Road.
- Mobilizing to the site.
- Federal Highway Administration Emergency Relief Funds
You may be interested to know:
- The roadway repair will consist of reconstructing the road with a bioengineered bank stabilization system.
- The roadway repair work will occur during the in-water work window of June 1 to September 30.
Project Exhibits: Click on the image below to see a larger version.
Scoured Road Caused by Flood Damage
Scoured Roadway and Guardrail Base
Share this page