Transportation Engineering Road Repair Project
Project Description: Flooding during a spring storm event damaged the existing southbound shoulder and travel lane on S. Wilhoit Road adjacent to Rock Creek. As a result of the storm damage the south bound travel lane was closed by the County until the road can be reconstructed.
Status: In Construction
- ROAD IS OPEN
- Construction Start: September 8, 2014
- Construction Complete: October 31, 2014
Contact: Vince Hall, Project Manager: 503-742-4650 or VinceHal@clackamas.us
Contractor: North Santiam Paving Co.
Things to be aware of:
- Road is open and major work is complete.
- Miscellaneous construction activities do continue at the project location.
- Striping as weather permits
- Stream bank restoration
- Federal Highway Administration Emergency Relief Funds
You may be interested to know:
- The roadway repair will consist of reconstructing the road with a bioengineered bank stabilization system.
- The roadway repair work will occur during the in-water work window of June 1 to September 30.
Project Exhibits: Click on the image below to see a larger version.
Scoured Road Caused by Flood Damage
Scoured Roadway and Guardrail Base
Share this page