Riding permits are required by anyone riding a horse on the Clackamas County Fairgrounds.
Permits are issued per person, not per horse.
Individual: Monthly $15.00 After 15th of month $10.00 One Day $5.00 Season $75.00 Family: Monthly $25.00 (2 Adults, 4 children) After 15th of month $20.00 One Day $10.00 Season $125.00
Riding permits bought mid-month or mid-season are not pro-rated.
There are no refunds on riding permits.
Season is October through June 30th each year.
Riding permits are provided to stall renters at no additional charge.
Riding is permitted in Ely Arena, Rosebrook Arena, and the infield. These are the only areas where riding is allowed. Rodeo Arena is NOT available for riding at ANY TIME. Riding hours are between 7am and 9:30pm only, everyday of the week. No open riding is permitted when an event or activity is scheduled in the above areas.
A calendar is printed each month with the month's events listed. It will show what days have open riding and what days will be closed. This will allow permit holders to plan around scheduled activities. The Fair reserves the right to book events at any time. The Monthly Calendar is subject to change. We make every effort possible to post any changes in the monthly schedule. Announcements are posted in the Fair Office, on the bulletin boards in Ely Arena and in the barn areas. Calendars are posted in Ely Arena and are available at the Fair Office when you purchase your riding permit. Please feel free to call the Fair Office if you have questions about arena availability. The Fair Office hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday. We also have an answering machine for messages. (503) 266-1136.
Open Barrels and Open Gaming are open to any permit holders during the scheduled times. These are the only times that barrels and gaming equipment may be set up in the arena. Other riders must work around Open Barrels and Open Gaming at their scheduled time.
Please refer to the Ground Rules on the back of this page, in addition to the following:
- Speed limit on the Fairgrounds is 5 mph, STRICTLY ENFORCED, IF IGNORED YOU MAY LOSE YOUR DRIVING PRIVILEGES ON THE FAIRGROUNDS.
- Dogs are NOT allowed on the Fairgrounds at any time. Exceptions apply to Seeing Eye and Hearing Ear dogs and dogs on exhibit.
- No loose or unattended horses allowed. Horses may be tied to tie rails only. Trees, panels, pens, signs, garbage cans, etc, are not acceptable places to tie horses.
- Parking allowed in designated areas only.
- It is your responsibility to clean up your area before leaving the fairgrounds. Please sweep up any excess hay and dispose of manure.
- Cleaning of horse trailers must be in designated areas only, and all manure must be disposed of at manure slab. Anyone cleaning horse trailers, or leaving debris, on roadways will have riding permit revoked.
- Riding permitted in designated areas only. No horses or vehicles allowed on lawns or blacktop areas. Riding not allowed on Canby streets or neighborhoods.
- Riding permit must be kept in driver's side window. You will be asked to show your riding permit while on the grounds.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that your horse has the necessary vaccinations. This is a public facility with many horses on the grounds each day.
- Limitations and policies outlined in ORS 30.687 to 30.697 apply at the Clackamas County Fairgrounds.