Search Results

Your search for documents tagged with the value(s) "social services" returned 34 result(s).

Click on a link below or perform a new search here.

Community Boards and Advisory Committees
The Social Services Division works directly with a variety of community boards and advisory committees to serve our community and advocate on behalf of Clackamas County residents.

Social Services
The Social Services Division provides assistance to seniors, people with disabilities, veterans, and low-income residents of Clackamas County.

Monthly Network Meeting
Overview of Monthly Networking Meeting

Services for People with Disabilities
Clackamas County Social Services assists people with disabilities with services, information, and resources.

Energy Assistance
The Energy Assistance Program helps low income Clackamas County households pay their heating bills during the winter, and their electricity and gas costs all year long.

Volunteer Connection
The Volunteer Connection helps people find the right volunteer opportunity and operates volunteer-driven programs for people in need.

Aging Services Advisory Council
This advisory group meets monthly to advise Clackamas County Social Services Division Senior and Disabled Services on services for older clients. Members are appointed by the Clackamas County Board of County Commissioners. The group advocates both locally and at the state level on issues related to aging. The Advisory Council has a number of subcommittees devoted to specific issues such as Age Friendly Communities, Transportation, and Nutrition.

Community Action Board
This advisory group meets monthly to advise Clackamas County Social Services Division Community Action Agency programs on services for low-income persons. Members are appointed by the Clackamas County Board of County Commissioners. The group advocates both locally and at the state level on issues related to low-income persons and households.

Services for People with Developmental Disabilities
Social Services works in partnership with people with developmental disabilities to provide support and help them live full and independent lives.

Senior Services
Social Services offers many programs to help seniors live healthy, independent, and happy lives.

Veterans Services
The Clackamas County Veterans Service Office works to ensure that Clackamas County veterans and their families receive all state and federal benefits available to them by providing expert and dedicated representation that is free of charge.

Clackamas Resource Connection
The Clackamas Resource Connection provides a single point of contact for all people seeking information about how to care for seniors and people with disabilities.

Housing Assistance Programs
Clackamas County offers many different services to help people find affordable housing, stay in their homes, and protect the rights of landlords and tenants.

Family Caregiver Support Program
Family Caregiver Support is a community-based program that helps families and caregivers who need temporary relief from the demands of providing ongoing care for a person with special needs.

Transportation Programs
Transportation Programs assist older adults and people with disabilities to get where they need to go. This helps support independence and healthy living.

Senior Companions
Senior Companions are volunteers age 55 years and older who serve as companions to other older adults who need help with supportive services.

Help with Basic Needs
The Social Services Division can help with many basic needs, such as food and rent assistance, health needs, and transportation.

Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance
SHIBA offers convenient access to information on health insurance services and benefits for older persons and individuals with disabilities. The primary focus of SHIBA is to assist older adults with their Medicare benefits.

Money Management Program
The Money Management Program (MMP) is a protective service for low income seniors and disabled adults who need help managing their finances.

Oregon Project Independence
Oregon Project Independence helps seniors 60 years and over live independently and safely in their own homes.

Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
RSVP is a nationwide network of people age 55 and older who contribute their time and experience to support organizations in their efforts to make a difference in our community. RSVP offers a full range of volunteer opportunities through local organizations and supports the work of volunteers with training, supplemental insurance, and networking.

Veterans Appointment Information
Information to bring to your VSO appointment

Gatekeeper Program
Helping seniors and people with disabilities maintain healthy independent lives

Housing Rights and Resource Center
The HRRC works with tenants and landlords to protect the housing rights of our community and educate Clackamas County on housing issues.

Veterans FAQ
Veterans Fequently Asked Questions

Reporting abuse and neglect of people with developmental disabilities
What to do if you suspect abuse and neglect of a person with Developmental Disabilities, or if you are a victim.

Developmental Disabilities Services for Adults
County services for adults with Developmental Disabilities

Developmental Disabilities services for children
Services for Children with Developmental Disabilities

What if I'm not happy with my services?
How to file a complaint about services.

Intake and eligibility for services for people with Developmental Disabilities
Frequently asked questions about eligibility for Developmental Disability services. Call 503-557-2824 for a free intake consultation.

Becoming a Service Provider
Information on how to become a service provider for people with Developmental Disabilitie

Senior Centers
The Social Services Division works with Senior Centers across the county to provide services and support for older people.

Mt Hood Express (formally Mountain Express)
Information about the Clackamas County Mountain Express bus service

engAGE in Community
engAGE in Community is a community-based action initiative whose mission is to establish Clackamas County as an age-friendly place that supports people's ability to age actively and successfully in their home or community of choice