Clackamas County Home | Site Navigation

Marijuana Diversion

The Clackamas County Justice Court has jurisdiction over tickets for the violation of Possession of Less Than One Ounce of Marijuana.

The violation has a specific fine of $650.

DIVERSION: You may choose to petition the court for Marijuana Diversion if:

  • You have not been convicted of any substance abuse crimes or violations; and
  • You are not currently in a substance abuse diversion program; and
  • You have not previously participated in a substance abuse diversion program.

Diversion lasts for one year and requires you to be drug free, to be evaluated by a drug evaluator, and to participate in the treatment or counseling that the evaluator may recommend.

The costs for diversion include a $335 court filing fee, $90 evaluation fee, and the cost of the treatment program.

A diversion petition form is available from the Court.  This charge requires a mandatory appearance before the Judge.

Content provided by Justice Court

Similar topics: court