The Friends of the Oak Lodge Public Library provide needed support to the Oak Lodge Library in these areas:
- special events and programs
- Children's Summer Reading program
- purchase of needed equipment
- volunteer appreciation
- purchase of material for the library collection
The Friends of the Library also operate the book sale room at the Oak Lodge Library. The sale room is open the same hours as the library. All items are 50 cents and magazines are free. Used and almost new paperback and hardcover fiction and non-fiction items are available. The friends use the profits from the sale room to help the library in many ways. In the past years they have purchased:
- cultural passes for area attractions
- prize books and program expenses for the children's summer programs
- materials to build custom shelving units
- a subscription to Book Page, a monthly book review newspaper
- computer equipment
- DVD/CD disc resurfacing machine and supplies
Membership Dues are $10. Larger donations are welcome. Dues and any donations are tax deductible. Membership Privileges: members may choose one free book per month from the Friends of the Library Book Sale Room.
Meetings are on the third Monday of the month at 5:15 p.m. at the Oak Lodge Library.
If you would like to become a Friend of the Oak Lodge Public Library, or make a donation, send it to:
Friends of the Oak Lodge Public Library
16201 SE McLoughlin Blvd.
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Feel free to email Friends of the Oak Lodge Public Library with any questions.
Friends of the Oak Lodge Public Library is a non-profit 501c3 organization that provides financial support to the Oak Lodge Library. It was assigned a page on the Clackamas County web server because its activities and support are inter-related.
Share this page