Readers of all ages can register for the Summer Reading Program at the library anytime between June 1 and Aug. 7, 2016, and attend the special events planned all summer long.
Youth Summer Reading Program
When signing up, readers aged 0-17 receive an age-specific Reading Log and sign-up bonuses that include:
- Bullwinkle’s coupon for a free round of mini golf OR admission to Kidopolis Playland
- Free Portland Thorns or T2 admission ticket (with purchase of adult ticket)
- Fun bookmarks, stickers, and temporary tattoos
Completed Reading Logs can be turned in between July 15 and Aug. 31, 2016 (with a special raffle for kids and teens who turn their logs in by Aug. 15, 2016); completers receive a packet of prizes including:
- A free book
- Coupons for edible goodies from McDonald’s, Papa Murphy’s, and the Great Harvest Bread Company
- Ticket voucher for a free Trailblazer ticket (with purchase of adult ticket)
- Ticket voucher for a free Oregon State Fair admission ticket (with purchase of adult ticket)
- Discounted deluxe ride bracelet for Oaks Park (with $6.50 copayment)
- Vouchers for fun activities at Wunderland and the North Clackamas Aquatic Park
Adult Summer Reading Program
When signing up, readers aged 18+ receive a free book voucher from the Friends Bookstore in the library.
Readers submit a Prize Entry Form for each book they read, which are then entered into weekly and grand prize drawings throughout the summer.
All programs begin at 1:30 p.m. at the Oak Lodge Library
|June 30||Habiba’s Village: Folktales from Africa|
|July 7||Dragon Theater: Puppets play sports|
|July 14||Slightly Illusional: Top secret magic|
|July 21||Creature Feature: Reptiles galore (snakes, lizards and turtles, oh my!)|
|July 28||Eric Herman: A musical extravaganza|
|Aug. 4||Henrik Bothe: Juggling magic|
Movie in the Park
Free family movie in Risley Park - Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Saturday, July 23rd at dusk in Risley Park – what better place to watch Star Wars than under the stars? Bring a blanket and a picnic, or buy refreshments at the park.
Share this page