Park Avenue Light Rail Station Area Plan
- Purpose and Overview
- Project Area
- Project Timeframe
- Project Funding
- Project Team
- Decision and Advisory Structure
- Public Involvement
- Public Information
The Park Avenue Light Rail Station will be the southernmost station for the Portland-Milwaukie line of the region’s light rail system. Located on the on the west side of McLoughlin Boulevard at Park Avenue in unincorporated Clackamas County, the station will provide access to over 50 miles of light rail, connecting area residents and businesses with the larger Portland Metropolitan area. The light rail station and park-and-ride facility with approximately 350 spaces is planned to open in 2015.
The Park Avenue Light Rail Station Plan will give area neighbors, businesses and stakeholders an opportunity to create a vision for the area to respond to the changes and opportunities that will come with light rail.
The recommendation and decision-making structure consisted of the following groups:
Clackamas County Board of Commissioners
Policy Advisory Committee (PAC) – Responsible for advising on policy matters during the planning process, with members representing the following agencies:
- Clackamas County Commission
- City of Milwaukie
- City of Gladstone
Stakeholder Advisory Group (SAG) – Responsible for reviewing and advising on work products to guide plan development with representation invited from business and community groups.
Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) – Responsible for providing technical input on existing services and feasibility of future services with representatives from local and regional service providers and agencies.
Public Open Houses -- The project hosted three public meetings.
Public Design Workshop -- A half-day public design workshop was conducted to develop two preliminary concepts for the project area.
Committee Meetings -- Meetings of the Policy Advisory Committee, Stakeholders Advisory Group and Technical Advisory Committee were open to the public.
Website -- An active website was maintained with current technical and process information.
Email -- Email notices prior to each public event to people who indicated an interest in the project and other stakeholders.
Mail -- Postcards were mailed to study area residents and property owners, and to other interested persons, for the project kick-off event.
- Park Avenue Station Area Plan Existing Conditions Report, February 2011
- Walking Tour Meeting Notes, Oct. 30, 2010
- Opportunities and Constraints, Mar. 31, 2011
- Economic Development and Redevelopment Report, April 28, 2011
- Goals, Objectives and Evaluation Criteria, Mar. 31, 2011
- Stakeholder Advisory Group Meeting Notes, Nov. 13, 2010
- Technical Advisory Committee Meeting Notes, Dec. 16, 2010
- No Build Traffic Conditions, Figures, Feb. 22, 2011
- No Build Traffic Conditions, Memo, Feb. 22, 2011
- Existing Traffic Conditions Memo with Figures, Nov. 11, 2010
- Draft Land Use & Transportation Alternatives, June 8, 2011
- Design Workshop Table Book, Feb. 24, 2011
- Regulatory & Policy Framework Memo, Nov. 5, 2010
Have a comment or question? Click here or contact one of the Clackamas County staff members listed below.
Shari Gilevich. Phone: 503.742.4523. Email: email@example.com
Lorraine Gonzales. Phone: 503.742.4541. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org