Geographic Area Project Groups, subcommittees of the Clackamas County Transportation System Plan (TSP) Public Advisory Committee, will begin meeting the week of June 18 to identify transportation needs and possible solutions in unincorporated Clackamas County.
Because of the large size of the County (more than 1,800 square miles), five separate groups are being established to focus on different portions of the county. Each group will include members of the TSP Public Advisory Committee, and community and business representatives.
The first meeting of each group will focus on existing and projected transportation system conditions, and gaps or deficiencies. Future meetings will focus on specific projects to meet transportation system needs in the area. By early fall, the groups are scheduled to report back to the TSP PAC on what transportation projects to include in the next 20-year Clackamas County Transportation System Plan.
The five geographic working groups and their initial meeting dates and locations are as follows:
- Greater Clackamas Regional Center/Industrial Area - Monday, June 18, 7:30-9:30 a.m.; Development Services Bldg., 150 Beavercreek Rd., Oregon City
- Greater McLoughlin Area - Monday, June 18, 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Development Services Bldg., 150 Beavercreek Rd., Oregon City
- Northwest County Area - Wednesday, June 20, 2-4 p.m.; Development Services Bldg., 150 Beavercreek Rd., Oregon City
- Southwest County Area - Wednesday, June 20, 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Molalla Adult Community Center, 315 Kennel Ave., Molalla
- East County Area - Thursday, June 21, 6:30-8:30 p.m.; City Hall, 39250 Pioneer Blvd., Sandy
Members of the public are welcome to attend to observe and to speak during the public comment period. People are also encouraged to submit comments in writing on the project website at http://www.clackamascountytsp.com/websites/1/emails/new or by sending an email or letter to Ellen Rogalin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 150 Beavercreek Rd., Oregon City, OR 97045.
These meetings are part of the 18-month TSP update process, to review and update plans and policies for various forms of transportation – roads, transit, walking, bicycling, rail, air, freight, waterways and pipelines – in unincorporated Clackamas County. When complete in 2013, the TSP will specify priority transportation projects for the next 20 years and address funding issues.
More information about the TSP update project, information on upcoming meetings and opportunities for input are available on the project website at www.clackamascountytsp.com. For more information, contact Transportation Planning Supervisor Karen Buehrig at email@example.com or 503-742-5915.
For more information, contact Transportation Planning Supervisor Karen Buehrig at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-742-5915.