Have fun while learning about safety at Clackamas County Safety and Roadway Fair Saturday, Aug. 25
The public is invited to learn and have fun at the 2012 Clackamas County Safety and Roadway Fair on Saturday, Aug. 25, at Clackamas Town Center. Activities and exhibits will be open from 10 am to 3 pm both inside and outside the west side of the shopping center, near Sears.
More than 20 organizations will provide education on safety services such as how to call 9-1-1, water and fire safety, hunter education and school bus safety.
Prizes will be available for all children, and children eight years old and younger will be invited to ride pedal cars on Safety Street and earn their “junior driver’s license.” In addition:
- Secure Child will provide free children identification kits
- Think First will sell reduced-price helmets for $5 (while supplies last)
- Clackamas County Dog Services will bring some of their special pets and have information about keeping your pets safe and cool during the hot summer months;
- Horses from the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office Posse will be available.
- Representatives from the U.S. Coast Guard will cover boater safety and
- Portland General Electric will have its “Hazard Hamlet” demonstrating electrical risks at home.
- Clackamas County Fire District #1 will bring its education trailer to show children how to practice safe evacuation and
- Oregon Impact will bring a car that’s been involved in a crash to demonstrate and educate on the dangers of impaired driving.
Experts from the Oregon Department of Transportation, Team Oregon (motorcycle safety), Street Smart and TriMet will be there to share information, and Clackamas County will bring road equipment for children to see up close.
Fair sponsors include the Clackamas County Traffic Safety Commission, City of Happy Valley Traffic and Public Safety Committee, Clackamas Safe Communities and Clackamas Town Center. More information is available by contacting County Safety Coordinator Patty McMillan at 503-742-4661going to www.ClackamasSafeCommunities.org or.
For more information: Patty McMillan, 503-742-4661 or firstname.lastname@example.org