In five meetings scheduled for mid-September, citizens working on the Clackamas County Transportation System Plan (TSP) update will come together to consider what specific projects should be evaluated further to be included in the County’s transportation system.
Each of the Geographic Area Project Groups meetings will focus on a different portion of unincorporated Clackamas County. Their initial meetings were in June to identify transportation needs and possible solutions in their area. At this second round of meetings, participants will discuss and comment on the initial evaluation of projects in the County’s current TSP and projects suggested by the public.
The meeting schedule is:
• Greater Clackamas Regional Center/Industrial Area – September 10, 9-11 a.m.; Development Services Bldg., 150 Beavercreek Rd., Oregon City
• Southwest County Area – September 12, 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Mulino Airport Pilot’s Lounge, 26926 S. Airport Rd., Mulino
• Greater McLoughlin Area – September 17, 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Development Services Bldg., 150 Beavercreek Rd., Oregon City
• Northwest County Area – September 18, 9-11 a.m.; Development Services Bldg., 150 Beavercreek Rd., Oregon City
• East County Area – September 18, 6:30-8:30 p.m.; City Hall, 39250 Pioneer Blvd., Sandy
Members of the public are welcome to attend to observe and to speak during the public comment period. People are also encouraged to submit comments in writing and participate in the Virtual Open House (Sept. 9 – Oct. 1) on the project website at www.clackamascountytsp.com.
These meetings are part of the 18-month TSP update process, to review and update plans and policies for various forms of transportation – roads, transit, walking, bicycling, rail, air, freight, waterways and pipelines – in unincorporated Clackamas County. When complete in 2013, the TSP will specify priority transportation projects for the next 20 years and address funding issues.
More information is available on the project website at www.clackamascountytsp.com.
For more information, contact Transportation Planning Supervisor Karen Buehrig at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.742.5915.