Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking a volunteer to fill one vacancy representing Clackamas County on the Portland International Airport Citizen Noise Advisory Committee (CNAC). The 15-member, multi-jurisdictional board acts as an official forum to address community noise concerns related to airport operations at Portland International Airport (PDX). Acting on behalf of local jurisdictions as the official forum to address community PDX aircraft noise concerns;
Clackamas County has one-citizen appointment to the 15- member Portland International Airport CNAC. The committee is charged with:
- Monitoring and providing input on the implementation of the current PDX Noise Compatibility Plan;
- Reviewing aircraft noise issues and providing advice on issue resolution and follow-up action;
- Developing ideas and recommending proposals for consideration in future airport noise plans;
- Participating on advisory committees involved in long-range airport facilities and capital improvement planning;
- Enhancing citizen understanding of aircraft noise management through the work of the CNAC as a whole; and
- Periodically briefing the Port of Portland Board of Commissioners and other appointing jurisdictions on the work of the committee.
The committee generally meets the second Thursday of every month (except for August and December) from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Port of Portland headquarters at PDX. Each year CNAC meets once in Vancouver and once in Gresham. Dinner is provided at each meeting beginning at 5 p.m. Parking is the long-term garage is validated.
Given the technical nature of noise, it is requested that CNAC members serve a minimum of three years and attend all meetings, as well as report back to their appointing jurisdiction on the work of the committee.
The term of this appointment will be three years, ending November 2015.
Applications may be completed and submitted online via the county’s website, www.clackamas.us/miscapp/application.jsp or requesting an application form by contacting the county at 503-742-4353 or 2051 Karen Road, Oregon City, OR 97045.