From: Aaron Abrams, Community Relations Specialist, Clackamas County, Department of Health, Housing, and Human Services, 503-655-8752 12-12-12

Clackamas County

Media and Interested Parties

Clackamas County offers help for people in need of mental health services

If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, please call the Clackamas County Crisis Line at 503-655-8585.

The tragic events at Clackamas Town Center on Tuesday have deeply affected our community. While people react in many different ways to this type of event, it is important to remember that traumatic stress is a normal response to an abnormal situation. It is our body's effort to make meaning out of a senseless act.

Mild symptoms of traumatic stress can be helped by maintaining healthy routines like spending time with friends and family, exercise, good nutrition and hydration. If symptoms of traumatic stress become troubling enough to interfere with daily routines, it can be useful to seek help from a mental health clinician or from a family doctor.

If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis or just needs someone to talk to, help is available. People who experience mental health issues can – and do – get better.

Getting assistance or information early, when symptoms are developing, can often prevent these symptoms from getting worse and impacting an individual's life further. The Clackamas County crisis line can help if you need help, have questions or are in need of general information.

Clackamas County Crisis Services Line: 503-655-8585

If you are not experiencing a crisis, but would like to talk to a peer counselor who knows what you are going through about a mental health issue, call the David Romprey Warm Line 1-800-698-2392.

Centerstone Urgent Mental Health Walk-in Clinic
Clackamas County's Centerstone Clinic provides urgent mental health walk-in services for people in Clackamas County. Centerstone is a place where people with a mental health crisis or issue can talk to a counselor or peer service provider for information, resources and support. Centerstone offers mental health urgent care walk-in services, peer support, Mental Health First Aid classes, and crisis assessment and stabilization services.

The walk-in clinic is open seven days a week, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday thru Friday, and from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Centerstone is located in the Ross Center near Clackamas Town Center at 11211 SE 82nd Avenue, Suite O, Happy Valley, 97086.

For more information about Centerstone, visit

For more information, call Tim Heider, Clackamas County Public Affairs Manager, at 503 742-5911 (office) or 971-219-7271 (cell) or email him at

Follow Clackamas County, Oregon on Facebook and Twitter