The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning for Clackamas County. County offices will close at 4 p.m. Read more.

Services Departments Government

Clackamas County now accepting Housing Authority resident commissioner applications

The Housing Authority of Clackamas County (HACC) is seeking a public housing or Section 8 Housing choice voucher resident who wishes to serve in a volunteer capacity on the HACC’s Board of Commissioners as an appointed resident commissioner. Currently, the Board of Commissioners for the Housing Authority consists of the Clackamas County Board of Commissioners and one Resident Commissioner.
This is a non-paid volunteer position but reimbursements are available for mileage expenses and other out-of-pocket expenses as approved by the Executive Director. The term of the appointment is four years starting May 1, 2013, and ending April 30, 2017, or until another resident commissioner is appointed.
Housing Authority staff will provide an orientation on the Housing Authority’s programs and operations to the appointed resident commissioner. The resident commissioner votes on Housing Authority policy and board action items with the other board members and will attend all required meetings and study sessions. The hearings are generally held in the Public Services Building, 2051 Kaen Road, Oregon City, at 6 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month.
All interested residents are asked to complete a short application form. All applicants are subject to a criminal background check. Applicants must be 18 years or older. Applicants must be directly assisted by the Housing Authority either through its Public Housing Program or its Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program and be named on the lease.
You may apply via the Clackamas County website at or come in to our office at 13930 S Gain Street, Oregon City, OR 97045 for a printed application. The application deadline is March 28.
Anyone with more questions may call 503-650-3145 or email at

Share this page