Citizen task forces meet to discuss Clackamas County transportation project priorities; two meetings set for Clackamas Regional Center area
In six meetings scheduled for mid-March, citizens working on the Clackamas County Transportation System Plan (TSP) update will review and discuss priorities for future transportation projects in unincorporated Clackamas County.
Each Geographic Area Project Groups (GAPS) meeting will focus on a different portion of unincorporated Clackamas County. The meeting schedule is as follows:
- Greater Clackamas Regional Center/Industrial Area - Two meetings are set for this group; both will be held in the Clackamas County Development Services Building, 150 Beavercreek, Oregon City.
- The first, on Monday, March 11, 9-11 a.m., will focus on eight potential projects to meet future transportation needs in the Harmony Road area, including Sunnybrook Extension West, widening Harmony Road, widening OR 213, improving intersections and adding turn lanes.
- The second meeting, on Monday, March 18, 3-5 p.m., will focus on other projects throughout the Clackamas Regional Center area.
- Southwest County Area - Monday, March 11, 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Molalla Library, 201 E. 5th St., Molalla
- Greater McLoughlin Area - Monday, March 11, 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Development Services Building Room 119, 150 Beavercreek Rd., Oregon City
- Northwest County Area - Tuesday, March 12, 9-11 a.m.; Development Services Building Room 119, 150 Beavercreek Rd., Oregon City
- East County Area - Tuesday, March 12, 5-7 p.m.; Sandy Public Library, 38980 Proctor Blvd., Sandy
Members of the public are welcome to observe and to speak during the public comment period.
These meetings are part of a two-year process to review and update plans and policies for various forms of transportation - roads, transit, walking, bicycling, rail, air, freight, waterways and pipelines - in unincorporated Clackamas County. When complete by the end of 2013, the TSP will specify priority transportation projects for the next 20 years and address funding issues.
More information is available on the project website at www.clackamascountytsp.com.
For more information, contact Transportation Planning Supervisor Karen Buehrig at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-742-4683.
Share this page