Services Departments Government

Clackamas County Parks Advisory Board seeks alternate member from unincorporated area to serve

The Clackamas County Board of Commissioners (BCC) is seeking a volunteer from unincorporated Clackamas County to serve as an alternate member to the county Parks Advisory Board (PAB) for a four-year term. The deadline for applications is Friday, Oct. 18.

The purpose of the PAB is to represent all areas of the county in advising parks administration and the BCC on matters pertaining to county parks’ policies, management, development, acquisition, budgets and other significant matters related to park administration.

The PAB is made up of nine regular members and three alternate members who serve four-year terms. Alternates may be appointed to fill regular board member vacancies, and in the absence of regular members, have voting rights. Both regular and alternate members are asked to attend all meetings. The PAB meets the third Tuesday of every month at the county parks administration office at 150 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City.

Topics facing the PAB include policy changes, capital project priorities and general operation and maintenance challenges. Additionally, the PAB is involved in decisions related to upgrades of current facilities and other-park related capital improvements and future development of the county park system.

The BCC approves the selection of 52 advisory boards and committees to advise them in a variety of capacities and to oversee a number of tasks and interests in Clackamas County.

Interested individuals need to complete an application form. Applications may be completed and submitted online via the county’s website at All applicants must be a current resident of Clackamas County.

For an application form in person, contact Clackamas County Public and Government Affairs or at the Public Services Building, 2051 Kaen Road, Oregon City.

For more information about the PAB and this opportunity, call Chris Van Duzer at 503-742-4663.

Share this page