Services Departments Government

Clackamas County Development Agency seeks citizen member for budget committee

Clackamas County is seeking one volunteer member to serve on the development agency's five-member budget committee. Commissioners will appoint one person for a three-year term to serve with them to set the development agency's annual budget.

The development agency undertakes projects in its urban renewal districts which are located in various areas throughout the county. The districts have been established to help improve and revitalize areas that have deteriorated, are unsafe and/or that show signs of economic or physical conditions that are detrimental to the community as a whole.

Anyone interested in applying for the position must be a county resident but cannot live within a city that has an urban renewal district. In Clackamas County, cities with urban renewal districts are Oregon City, Gladstone, Lake Oswego, Wilsonville, Sandy, Canby, Portland and Tualatin.

The committee generally meets twice a year - once in May and once in June.

An application form must be completed, either online or by completing a form that you would receive from the Clackamas County public and government affairs (PGA) office.

The deadline for interested applicants is Thursday, Dec. 12.

Application materials are available through the Clackamas County PGA office at the Public Services Building in Oregon City, 2051 Kaen Road, Oregon City and on the county website at or call 503-742-4353.

For more information, contact Mary Anderson at 503-742-4323.

Share this page