From: Pam Girtman, Clackamas County Public and Government Affairs, 503-742-4353 Date: 12-31-13

Clackamas County

Media and Interested Parties

Clackamas County seeks members for new Housing Advisory Council

The Clackamas County Board of Commissioners is seeking interested citizen volunteers to serve three-year terms on the Clackamas Housing Advisory Council.  This council will:

  • Review the "Housing Work Group Report" presented to the BCC in August 2013.
  • Recommend a final set of principles, goals and policies for affordable housing in Clackamas County.
  • Identify priorities for further development, analysis and implementation of key activities.
  • Consider the community's needs for lower income housing and the resources available.
  • Review and comment on policies, funding, and organizational capacity of the Housing Authority.
  • Review and make recommendations on other matters coming before the Housing Authority and perform such other advisory functions as may be requested.

The Department of Health, Housing and Human Services (H3S) is seeking membership from the following groups:

  • One local elected official or city manager
  • One member drawn from elderly and minority groups
  • One member involved in real estate management and/or development
  • One member with expertise in affordable housing
  • One member drawn from the housing finance or investment community
  • One member drawn from the design or construction profession and
  • One member drawn from the legal profession.

Interested individuals need to complete an application form. Applications may be completed and submitted online via the county’s website at

For a printed application form, contact Clackamas County Public and Government Affairs at 503-742-4353 or at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.

Application deadline is 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 31.

For more information, contact Mary-Rain O’Meara at 503-655-8279 or at

Follow Clackamas County, Oregon, on Facebook and Twitter.