Wintry weather disrupts garbage, recycling pick-up in Clackamas County
Garbage and recycling collection has been disrupted in Clackamas County because of the recent storm.
As a result of the inclement weather:
- Waste Management has cancelled its Friday pickups and has re-scheduled pickup for same date next week
- Arrow Sanitary and American Sanitary have cancelled their Friday pickups and have re-scheduled pickup for same date next week
- Sunset Garbage has cancelled its Friday pickups and has re-scheduled pickup for the same date next week.
- West Linn Disposal has cancelled its Friday pickups and has re-scheduled pickup for Monday, Feb. 10.
- Hoodview Disposal has cancelled its Friday pickups and has re-scheduled pickup for Monday, Feb. 10.
- Canby Disposal has cancelled its Friday pickups (outside the city limits) and has re-scheduled pickup for Monday, Feb. 10.
Residents can find contact information about their garbage hauler at www.clackamas.us/recycling/garbage.html.
The Clackamas County Office of Sustainability reminds residents that inclement weather can affect garbage pickup. Typically, routes cover many miles and changing conditions anywhere along a route may make it impossible to safely reach your location. Residents are encouraged to contact their garbage company to determine whether their service has been postponed due to unsafe road conditions.
When service resumes, garbage collection will be the first priority, so it should be left out in the usual location. If collection must be postponed to the next week, residents should put the additional garbage in plastic bags.
- Recycling collection could be postponed to the following week and may be delayed even later if trucks are needed to catch up on garbage pick-up. Residents are asked to hold back recycling until collection is back to normal, and not to put out recycling in plastic bags.
- Yard debris collection could also be postponed. Hold back yard debris until collection is back to normal. If your cart is full, put extra yard debris in paper lawn/leaf bags or a 32-gallon can labeled yard debris.
For more information: Please contact Rick Winterhalter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page