Services Departments Government

Volunteers needed to serve on Extension and 4-H Budget Committee

The Clackamas County Board of Commissioners is seeking two citizen members to serve on a budget committee for the Clackamas County Extension and 4-H Service District. The district was formed by voters in 2008 to provide annual property tax funding for local Oregon State University Extension and 4-H programs in Clackamas County.

Under Oregon Local Budget law, embodied in the Oregon Revised Statutes starting at Chapter 294.305 and through ORS 294.565, local governments create budget committees comprised of the governing body (i.e., County Commissioners) and an equal number of citizen members. The budget committee will review Extension’s proposed budget and make recommendations to the Clackamas County Board of Commissioners for final approval.

The budget committee and public hearing for the Extension and 4-H District will be held in May and June. Proposed budget documents will be ready for review by mid-April.

Any citizen residing within the district boundaries (all of Clackamas County except Johnson City) is invited to submit an application to serve on the Extension and 4-H Service District budget committee.

Application materials are available through the Clackamas County Public and Government Affairs office at the Public Services Building, 2051 Kaen Road, Oregon City on the county website at or by calling 503-742-4353.

The application deadline for the Clackamas County Extension and 4-H Service District is Thursday, April 17.

Share this page