Services Departments Government

Plan for family-friendly parks and camping by serving on the Clackamas County Parks Advisory Board

The Clackamas County Board of Commissioners (BCC) is seeking a volunteer toserve on the county Parks Advisory Board (PAB) for a four-year term. Onealternate member is needed from the unincorporated areas of the county. Thedeadline for applications is Tuesday, May 20.

The purpose of the PAB is to represent all areas of the county in advisingparks administration and the BCC on matters pertaining to county parks’policies, management, development, acquisition, budgets and other significantmatters related to park administration.

The PAB is made up of nine regular members and three alternate members whoserve four-year terms. Alternates may be appointed to fill regular board membervacancies, and in the absence of regular members, have voting rights. Bothregular and alternate members are asked to attend all meetings. The PAB meetsthe third Tuesday of every month at the county parks administration office at150 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City.

Topics facing the PAB include policy changes, capital project priorities andgeneral operation and maintenance challenges. Additionally, the PAB is involvedin decisions related to upgrades of current facilities and other park relatedcapital improvements and future development of the county park system.

The BCC approves the selection of more than 50 advisory boards andcommittees to advise them in a variety of capacities and to oversee a number oftasks and interests in Clackamas County. Interested individuals need tocomplete an application form. Applications may be completed and submittedonline via the county’s website at applicants must be a current resident of Clackamas County.

For an application form in person, contact Clackamas County Public andGovernment Affairs or at the Public Services Building, 2051 Kaen Road, OregonCity.

For more information about the PAB and this opportunity, call ChrisVan Duzer at 503-742-4663.

Share this page