Winter weather and closure information.

Services Departments Government

Clackamas County’s Tourism Development Council seeks members

The Clackamas County Board of Commissioners is seeking citizens to fill two upcoming vacancies on the Tourism Development Council (TDC). The TDC guides tourism programs funded through the county's Transient Room Tax (TRT). TDC members are appointed by the Board of County Commissioners and are authorized to oversee tourism promotion and development in Clackamas County.

Commissioners are looking for applicants with a current affiliation with a lodging property located within the county. Those with a broad perspective and strong interest in implementing an energized and comprehensive tourism program for the county will be the most desirable candidates. The TDC is comprised of nine members, appointed to a three year term.

Board members reflect and represent the diverse population of the county.

The TDC currently meets the second Monday of the month from 2- 4 pm, generally at county headquarters located in Oregon City.

The TDC develops, adopts, and implements, subject to the Board of County Commission's approval, a Tourism 5-Yr Master Plan. They also develop an annual Business Plan to address tourism promotion and development, visitor information services, and special events and festivals in Clackamas County as described in the county's Transient Room Tax Ordinance, approved by voters in 1992. Currently county TRT collections are approximately $4 million annually.

For more information on the marketing and tourism development efforts of Clackamas County Tourism and Cultural Affairs, visit

The deadline is June 26. Contact Janice Nilson at: 503-655-8490 or if you have questions about board recruitment after reviewing the resources listed above.

The BCC approves the selection of more than 50 advisory boards and committees to advise them in a variety of capacities and to oversee a number of tasks and interests in Clackamas County. Interested individuals need to complete an application form.

Applications may be completed and submitted online via the county's website at

For an application form in person, contact Clackamas County Public and Government Affairs at 503-742-5973 or at the Public Services Building, 2051 Kaen Road, Oregon City.

Share this page