Services Departments Government

From: Tim Heider, Clackamas County Public Affairs Manager, 971-219-7271

Clackamas County

Media and Interested Parties

Animal evacuations in place for residents facing evacuation

Any resident or homeowner who receives an evacuation notice should follow all directions from officials and prepare to move to a safe location. Those receiving such notification, if possible, are asked to move their animals and livestock to a safer location.

Please be sure to bring food, medications, medical records, a pet carrier and identification information for any animals, livestock or pet that you are transporting.

Anyone needing assistance in transporting their pets or anyone wishing to volunteer their time in assisting people with livestock transport needs can call Tamara Moxon at 503-793-7091.

Here are other resources that can provide assistance in transporting animals.

Anyone needing assistance with domestic animals, pets, birds, reptiles or rodents can contact Clackamas County Dog Services, 13141 SE HW 212, Clackamas, OR. The shelter hours are Monday-Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dog Services' phone number is 503-655-8628.

The National Forest Service has established a phone line for anyone with questions related to the 36 Pit Fire. The number is 360-280-4352. Anyone with questions related to evacuations or animal transport please call 503-655-8224 between 1 p.m. and 10 p.m. Tuesday. Hours of operation will depend on fire activity and will be released no later than Wednesday at 10 a.m.

For more information please contact Tim Heider at or 971-219-7271


Share this page