Services Departments Government

From: Amy Kyle, Clackamas County Public and Government Affairs, 503-742-5973 10-23-14

Clackamas County

Media and Interested Parties

Plan for family friendly parks, and camping by serving on the Clackamas County Parks Advisory Board

The Clackamas County Board of Commissioners (BCC) is seeking volunteers to serve on the county Parks Advisory Board (PAB) for a four-year term. Two regular members and three alternates are needed from the unincorporated areas of the county. Applicants must be residents of Clackamas County. The deadline for applications is October 31, 2014.

The purpose of the PAB is to represent all areas of the county in advising parks administration and the BCC on matters pertaining to County Parks’ policies, management, development, acquisition, budgets and other significant matters related to park administration.

The PAB is made up of nine regular members and three alternate members who serve four-year terms. Alternates may be appointed to fill regular board member vacancies, and in the absence of regular members, have voting rights. Both regular and alternate members are asked to attend all meetings. The PAB meets the third Tuesday of every month at the County Parks administration office at 150 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City.

Topics facing the PAB include policy changes, capital project priorities and general operation and maintenance challenges. Additionally, the PAB is involved in decisions related to upgrades of current facilities and other park- related capital improvements, and future development of the Clackamas County park system.

Interested individuals need to complete an application form. Applications may be completed and submitted online via the county’s website at For an application form in person, contact Clackamas County Public and Government Affairs at 503-655-8751 or at the Public Services Building, 2051 Kaen Road, Oregon City.

For more information about the PAB and this opportunity, call Chris Van Duzer at 503-742-4663.


Share this page