Services Departments Government

From: Amy Kyle, Clackamas County Public and Government Affairs, 503-742-5973 12-08-14

Clackamas County

Media and Interested Parties

Opportunities to serve on a Clackamas County Advisory Board or Commission

There are new vacancies on three county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). Citizens interested in serving on one of the ABCs described below are encouraged to apply.

The Developmental Disabilities Advisory Council meets five times per year to advise Clackamas County’s Developmental Disabilities Director on programs and services for individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities. The group advocates locally on issues related to individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities.

The Aging Services Advisory Council advocates locally on issues related to aging. The council meets the second Monday of each month from 9:30 a.m. to noon. Members are encouraged to serve on one additional committee; either the Adult Center Liaison Committee or Age Friendly Communities.

For more information about either of these ABCs, contact Valerie Skinner at 503-650-5643 or email

Additionally, Clackamas County commissioners are seeking four volunteers to serve on the county’s Historic Review Board (HRB). Representation is needed from all areas of the county. Knowledge and/or expertise in historic preservation is encouraged. An attorney is needed on the board at this time. A contractor with expertise in construction techniques applied to historic structures is also needed.

Primary duties of the HRB include reviewing applications to alter or add to historic landmark structures, issuing recommendations about the designation of new structures, and reviewing other land use applications involving structures. The board provides review and guidance to county commissioners in matters related to historic landmarks. The HRB meets the second Thursday evening each month, if needed.

For more information about the Historic Review Board, contact Linda Preisz at 503-742-4528 or via email at

Citizens who are interested in serving on any of these ABCs may apply online on the county's website at or by requesting an application form from Clackamas County Public and Government Affairs, 503-655-8751 or at the Public Services Building, 2051 Kaen Road, 4th Floor, Oregon City.

The application deadline for all three ABCs is Thursday, January 22nd.

Sign up to receive timely electronic notifications about county services. This free service allows you to select the county information you would like to receive, and you can change, update, or cancel your subscription at any time.


Share this page