Services Departments Government

From: Amy Kyle, Clackamas County Public and Government Affairs, 503-742-5973 1-6-15

Clackamas County

Media and Interested Parties

New opportunities to serve on a Clackamas County Advisory Board or Commission

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking citizen volunteers to fill new vacancies on three different Clackamas County Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs).

A citizen knowledgeable in human resources and compensation management is needed to serve on the county’s Compensation Board for Elected Officials. There is currently one vacancy available on this three-member board. Members serve for four cycles of the Compensation Board (approximately three years) and attend four to five meetings (typically two hours each) between early April and mid-May each year.

Duties of the Compensation Board for Elected Officials include annual review of Clackamas County elected officials’ salaries and submission of a recommended compensation schedule to the county’s Budget Committee.

For more information contact Heather Pedersen at 503-742-5484 or

Additionally, Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking citizens interested in serving on the county’s Emergency Medical Services Council. The Council advises the Board of County Commissioners and the Department of Health, Housing and Human Services (H3S) in matters relating to emergency medical response and ambulance services. The Council is comprised of eleven members representing all areas of emergency medical response. The following positions are open for a term of three years ending March 31, 2018:

For more information contact Larry MacDaniels 503-655-8256 or

Finally, Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking design professionals to serve on the Design Review Committee. There are three open positions for four-year terms.

The Design Review Committee’s role is to review commercial, industrial and multi-family development, and other projects with Clackamas County, as directed by the hearings officer and Board of County Commissioners. Candidates should be familiar with Clackamas County and have an understanding of the permit and planning approval process within the county. For more information contact Linda Preisz at 503-742-5484 or

Citizens who are interested in serving on any of these ABCs or any others with current openings, may apply online on the county’s website at, or by requesting an application form from the Public and Government Affairs department, 503-655-8751 or at the Public Services Building, 2051 Kaen Road, 4th Floor, Oregon City. Learn more about these and other ABCs at:

Application deadline for these ABC opportunities is Thursday, February 12, 2015. The Emergency Medical Services Council deadline has been extended until March 5.


Share this page