Services Departments Government

From: Amy Kyle, Clackamas County Public and Government Affairs, 503-742-5973


Clackamas County

Media and Interested Parties

Volunteers needed to serve on Clackamas County Extension and 4-H Service District Budget Committee

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking three citizen volunteers to serve on the County Extension & 4-H Service District Budget Committee.

The district was formed by voters in 2008 to provide annual property tax funding for Oregon State University Extension and 4-H programs in Clackamas County. Under Oregon local budget law, local governments create budget committees comprised of the governing body (County Commissioners) and an equal number of citizen members.

The budget committee reviews OSU Extension’s proposed budget and makes recommendations to commissioners for final approval. Members meet in April and May in preparation for a public hearing to be held June 1. Proposed budget documents will be ready for review by April.

Any citizen residing within the district boundaries (all of Clackamas County except Johnson City) is invited to submit an application to serve on the committee. All applications must be turned in by Friday, March 20, 2015.

Applications can be completed online at or paper copies are available from the Public and Government Affairs department at 2051 Kaen Road, Room 426, Oregon City, or by calling 503-655-8552. For more information about the open positions or the committee, please contact Michael Bondi at OSU Extension at either 503-742-4353 or

For more information, media may contact Amy Kyle, Clackamas County Public and Government Affairs, 503-742-5973 or


Share this page