Services Departments Government

From: Dylan Blaylock, Clackamas County Community Relations Specialist


Clackamas County

Media and Interested Parties

Volunteers needed for Clackamas County Development Agency Budget Committee

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking two residents to volunteer for three-year terms on the county Development Agency Budget Committee.

The Development Agency undertakes projects in its urban renewal districts which are located in various areas throughout the county. The districts have been established to help improve and revitalize areas that have deteriorated, are unsafe and/or that show signs of economic or physical conditions that are detrimental to the community as a whole.

Members of the committee assist the commissioners to set the agency's annual budget. Terms last for three years. Candidates must be county residents who do not live within a city that has an urban renewal district. In Clackamas County, cities with urban renewal districts include Canby, Gladstone, Lake Oswego, Oregon City, Portland, Sandy, Tualatin and Wilsonville. The committee generally meets twice a year (May and June). More information about the agency can be found at

The application deadline is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 3. Interested individuals can apply online at, or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public and Government Affairs department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.

For more information, members of the media may contact Mary Anderson, Development Agency Project Planner, at 503-742-4323 or


Share this page