Services Departments Government

From: Tim Heider, Clackamas County Public Affairs Manager, (503) 742-5911


Clackamas County

Media and Interested Parties

Clackamas County public inquiry center remains open to respond to wet weather inquiries

Clackamas County has reopened most of the roads closed during Monday's heavy rains but is bracing for another round of heavy rain late tonight or early Wednesday morning. An estimated 4 inches of rain fell Monday, closing several roads due to high water and landslides. Only Clackamas River Drive remains closed, between Forsythe Road and Springwater Road, in Oregon City.

Clackamas County Emergency Operations Center has established a public inquiry line for anyone seeking assistance. The number is 503-655-8224. The phone lines will be staffed from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. today.

Drivers are encouraged to use additional caution on the roads during this weather event. Drivers should avoid flooded areas. Cars can easily be disabled in a few inches of water.

Sandbags are available at sites around the county for any county resident to use. The list of sites can be found here. Residents living in incorporated areas of the county can call their public works department to determine whether there are additional resources. People using sandbags are encouraged to save them for use in future weather events.

Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause ponding of water in urban areas, highways, streets and underpasses as well as other poor drainage areas and low-lying spots. To lessen the potential of street flooding, residents and property managers are encouraged to help clean the inlets and storm drains in front of your properties. Use a rake or pitchfork to clear leaves, limbs, and debris from the storm drain. Do not put your feet and hands into the storm drain because all kinds of debris collect there that could be dangerous. Do not try to remove the grate, only the debris on top of the grate.

More information about this storm and forecasted weather can be found at The Clackamas County Emergency Notification system may be used in the event of evacuations. Citizens may register their cell phones for the Clackamas County Emergency Notification System via

For more information, media may call Tim Heider at (503) 742-5911 or


Share this page