Clackamas County Home | Site Navigation

Birth and Death Certificates

The Public Health Division is the home for vital records in Clackamas County.

Clackamas County can only issue birth or death records up to 6 months after the date of the event and only for events that occurred in Clackamas County.  At 6 months and after you will have to go through the Oregon Health Authority (OHA).  Order online at or order by phone 1-888-896-4988 or in person at OHA physical address, 800 NE Oregon St, Room 205, Portland, OR  97232.

Otherwise, you may order a vital record by mail or in person. The non-refundable fee for the record search and a certified copy is $20. Additional copies of the same record are $15, if ordered at the same time.

All government agencies may order Oregon records if they can provide the record information. All federal, state, and county government agencies must pay the $20 search fee for each record.

By law, only immediate family members or legal representatives may order birth and death records for another individual.

We only have access to birth and death records up to six months after the event.  To order a record after six months please contact the State at the Oregon Health Authority.

When ordering birth records, please include with your order:

  • Current Fee
  • The full name of the person on the certificate
  • Date and place of birth
  • Parent's names including the mother's maiden name
  • Your address and telephone number
  • Your relationship to the person on the record

When ordering death certificates, please include with your order:

  • Current Fee
  • The full name of the person on the record
  • The date and place of the death
  • Your relationship to the person on the record
  • Your address and telephone number
  • Your reason for needing the record

Download the order form for birth certificates (English / Spanish) or death certificates (English / Spanish), complete the form and then mail or return to our office.

To order by mail:

  • Send a check or money order payable to Clackamas County Public Health Division.
  • Make sure to include your mailing address with the order.
  • Send your order to, Vital Records, 2051 Kaen Road, Suite 367, Oregon City, OR 97045
  • Please allow approximately one week for delivery.

To order in person:

  • Come to 2051 Kaen Road, Suite 367 in Oregon City, Mondays through Thursdays between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
  • Please bring a current driver's license or other official  current photo identification.

For more information please call (503) 655-8406.

To serve you better, please take time to give us your feedback by clicking here.

Content provided by Public Health

Similar topics: public health